Hunger Pangs

"Don't just stand there and come in, Miss Dawson."

"No, I'm just here to deliver your food."

"Did Jesslyn send you?"

Ori just nodded in response as she handed over the eco-bags full of food to Hailey, who had a conflicted expression on her face; it made her wonder why the freshman had such a face, but did not pry. Right now, all she wanted was to get this over with and go already; catching a glimpse of Katherine inside made her chest swell with a little guilt.

She did not wish to confront Katherine right now, unsure what to even tell her. There was silence between them for the whole journey back yesterday and she did not know how to even approach their problem – if there was one. All she knew was that Katherine seemed distant after that, completely bothered by what had happened.

All throughout her journey, she wanted to ask for her forgiveness and apologise for what she did, but as much as she wanted to, she felt that it was not necessary as though what happened was just by sheer accident since her mind blanked out. The knots in her stomach were mixed with regret inside her heart was not something she planned and was trying hard to forget it.

Katherine had her eye on the door, but did not wish to say anything; she watched as Ori handed over the bags one by one – three in total. It made her wonder what Jesslyn bought for them and noted the scent of the meat; but as she took in its delicious and succulent scent, she also inhaled Ori's.

There was a bit of confusion in her as much as she could hear her heartbeat pulse unsteady – slow and disrupted. Her eyes shot past Hailey's back and met Ori's eyes, but felt herself embarrassed and immediately looked away; she could not understand why her eyes lowered to her lush pink lips that seemed to have sped up her own pulse.

"That's all of it," Ori told Hailey in a slightly cheerful tone, then turned to leave, "Bye now."

Cecilia rose from the stool, "Miss Dawson, don't forget to fetch Kathie for the meeting," she reminded the blonde junior as she approached Hailey to help her with the bags, "I would do it myself, but I'm going to attend my own meeting later."

"Understood," Ori replied as she gave a slow nod before she walked away without even looking at Katherine; she let out a soft sigh as she tried to control herself, not really up for discussing yesterday and was already nervous about later.

Hailey stared at Ori's retreating back and narrowed her eyes in wonder. She was certain that there was tension in the air the second she opened the door; she felt it even without so much as touching Ori just from the way she acted – a little too nervous. Her hands quivered as she handed her the bags, but did not question her and only wondered even more.

What could they be hiding?

"Finally some meat!" Cecilia exclaimed as she procured small, rectangular, transparent, plastic containers from the eco-bag and placed them on the counter top, where Katherine took the liberty of clearing it. "I would've burnt her to crisps if she bought seafood again."

Hailey approached her stool, "What do you have against fish?"

"Nothing really," Cecilia replied as she popped open one container and smelt the succulent pork escape the sealed storage, "I just prefer meat over anything else."

Hailey hummed and turned to Katherine, "What about you, wolfie?"

"No qualms," Katherine replied instantly as she opened her own container, "I eat anything."