Hexed in Sleep

"None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet we still go forward. Because we trust. Because we have faith." – Paulo Coelho

"I don't understand," Scott mumbled as he kept still with Hailey, who seemed to have collapsed from attempting to close the gate once again; she lied on the ground, at the heart of the swarm, just near the gate she meant to close. Her body was spiritually worn out as she tried to sit up, but her body was too depleted to move; her half-lidded, tired eyes turned the war outside her barrier and could see that Athena and Oriana were managing just fine.

But for how long will they last against an innumerable amount of enemies?

"Think harder, old man," Athena responded indifferently with a hint of urgency in her tone,; she battled with her enemies from with her own barrier, merely casting glances at them as they withered into nothing whilst Oriana was left to dispatch those that were farther away from them. "There must be another way."

"I'm trying to, kid!" Scott nearly hissed at her in vex but kept his cool, "But I don't know if there IS another way," he replied as he clicked his tongue just as the whirl of light from the gate tore the ground even wider, "It was the only way I knew how to close it."

"How did you even know how to close it?" Athena began to question, seeing that there was something odd about a normal spirit knowing how to seal a gate that important. She looked over her shoulder, at Scott, who seemed to be a little lost in thought as his dark blue eyes gazed worriedly at Hailey.

"Because I was there," Scott exhaled softly as Hailey slowly turned to meet his gaze, "I was there when her great great grandmother resealed the gate."

"You... were...?" Hailey mustered a whisper as she felt warmth emit from the old man's eyes. Scott nodded silently as he tried to hide his smile as though trying hard not to reminiscence over memories he wish he did not know; Hailey could sense the glee in him, but there was a great remorse riding behind his emotion just as his lips curved down at a memory she was curious to know.

"But that was a long time ago," Scott quickly dismissed his thoughts as a grim look came upon his face as he turned to the gate, "She was a powerful faerie just as you are, Hailey. I know you can close this gate, it's just a matter of HOW, and we gotta find an answer quick, else you won't be there to live and know about your relatives from me."

"You're right," Hailey replied as she tried to get up, almost staggering back down, but kept her footing firm as she straightened her back, "Athena, can you give me a little boost?"

Athena shook her head, "I'm not letting you fight after I replenish you," she contested, but nevertheless chanted a recuperative spell over her that boosted her spiritual energy by great proportion, "So, stay in this barrier whilst you figure out a solution," she explained as she chanted one more spell, "I will let you talk to anyone you know that knows how to close this gate, but you can only use it just once and you can't use it again after you have finished your conversation with that person."

"Can't I subscribe to an unlimited call package?" Hailey replied with a raised brow as Athena merely gave her a small smile and shook her head, "I guess even you have limits," she exhaled as she sat cross legged on the ground and began her focus, thinking of someone who could possible help her the most in this situation; several people crossed her mind and on top of the her list was none other than Thesalia herself, but there was doubt in her mind.

Just one person is difficult, she thought as she closed her eyes to silence her surroundings, which gave her better focus, If only Zander was here... he would know what to do..., her thoughts suddenly wavered as negative emotions suddenly rose to her chest. The feeling of sadness sprung up from the loneliness inside her; there was regret within her as well that made her chest swell with apprehension, almost making her tears water the sides of her eyes.