Silent Prophecy

Tossing and turning, sleep would not come; three long hours lying on the bed, she got up. There was darkness around her as much as there were several bodies lying asleep around her; Cecilia and Jesslyn did not wish to leave neither of them alone, huddling into one small room with them.

Walking past their sleeping bodies, she tip-toed towards the door and held the knob before she slowly twisted it open, hoping not a single creek would squeak. Pulling the door open, she walked out of the room quietly, hoping not to wake any of them; she was aware how tired all of them must have been.

Quietly, she treaded down the hallway and descended the stairs, then straight out of the house. The cold breeze greeted her as she took a deep breath and exhaled out loud. The moonlight showered the corn field with its light, almost as if blessing them with a good harvest.

"Can't sleep?" she turned around and found a pair of grey eyes in the dark. Katherine walked out of the shadows and stood beside her, then gazed up into the sky before asking; "Weird night, don't you think?"

Hailey nodded, "Yeah, a lot has happened."

There was silence after; the cold breeze blew against them as Hailey hugged herself warm. They sat there without another squeak as though unable to fathom what they just heard; it was hard for them to ingest the information, unsure which of them was being hunted as a key.

Sensing the chill in the air, Katherine placed an arm over Hailey's shoulder to give her some warmth – however it may be. Hailey smiled to herself as she looked up at the moon as though asking it for answers, but none truly came.

"Well, well," a slightly high, tenor voice spoke from behind them, which made both of them turn and look, "Not sleepy are we ladies?"

"We could say the same to you," Katherine replied as she retracted her arm, then turned to face him, "Still drinking?"

Art chuckled softly as he pushed open the screen door, "No, I've already had my fill of the night."

"Do you need anything?" Katherine questioned.

Art slowly nodded, "There's something we want to talk to you about," he mentioned as Scott came into view behind him, "About the secret you both share."

"What are you talking about?" Katherine furrowed her brows at them.

Scott pushed open the screen door, then walked out and stood in front of her; he flashed his red eyes at her, which made her understand what he meant. Nodding, Katherine watched as Scott walked past her and sat on the rocking chair on the porch.

Art just chuckled, "Scotty, homey," he walked out too and sat on the steps, "You want to explain to them?"

Scott leant back into the chair, "Why us?" he questioned and scoffed; "What answer do they want when we've just revealed the existence of the other world?"

"Ugh, this one really knows how to annoy me."

"I doubt he even see us now that-"

"Don't see you?" Scott scoffed once again as he shot the floating spirits an annoyed glance, "I can see you perfectly as much as hear you, you bunch of old pricks."

"How rude!"

"Well, I stand corrected then."

"You can't even stand," Scott scoffed for the third time, but more of amusement, "But it's not often do you see two famous spirits beside two young noms."

Katherine raised a brow, "Famous?" then looked at the two spirits that stood by the door next to the rocking chair, "That guy and that lady are?"

"You can see them?" Hailey turned to Katherine with wide eyes, but the wolf just did not respond as though holding back his tongue. Lowering her gaze, Katherine did not look at Hailey who casted her a doubtful look, wondering for how long she has known.