Tremble

"Flirting with madness was one thing; when madness starts flirting back, it was time to call the whole thing off." – Rohinton Mistry

"Okay, that's it for the day."

Groans in response, one by one all of them dropped onto the ground; dust glazed the sky and scattered over them. Their chests heaved in air through their nostrils as it flared; sweat dampened the brown dust that almost seemed as though they watered the grass.

Standing beyond the others, Katherine walked around them as she held her head high; all eyes were on her, all of them wondering how she could not feel the ache in her muscles. Katherine ignored the other Omegas' stares as they all smelt her scent; brows furrowed at her scent, which almost made her growl.

Pacing out of the training ground, she travelled down the dirt path and felt a few stares dart her way whilst she walked past several other lycans of the pact; they have yet to get used to her. Do I smell that much for them to look at me? she thought as she made her way to her designated cabin; as she entered her cabin, she already smelt someone within, making her pause in front of the door.

"Long day?" her cabin mate questioned as she peered up from her comic book; her fringe dangled beyond her hairpin and covered her emerald eyes that seemed to pierce through Katherine.

Shaking her head, she walked towards the small kitchenette and noticed the growing pile of candy wrappers, empty cans of soda, and paper plates that smelt of spaghetti. Pinching the space between her brows, Katherine sighed out loud as she felt a smirk from her cabin mate, who eyed her curiously as though wondering what she might or might not do.

Ignoring the mess before her, Katherine whipped open the fridge and took a bottle of water out, then slammed the fridge shut before she locked herself inside her room. She sat on her bed and drank the bottle dry, before she threw it in the bin inside her room, adding to the pile of empty, plastic inside.

There was a gentle breeze from her window, which made her turn and stare outside. Her mind drifted as she thought of her week; she had been training with everyone else, the wolves that dawned a normal life outside of the walls, whilst she had stopped her own education. There would be times she thought of returning to the institution, hoping to return to her original plan: graduate and enter college, probably live a routine life.

As much as she wanted to, she could not. Alexis remained at large, but was not the ultimate threat; the renegades that have tried to hunt them had not shown themselves yet, but she was certain they would. Not a single night had she lowered her guard, nor has she slept properly for eight long hours, perhaps when Jesslyn is about, but most of the time, she did not.

Jesslyn has not dug any further into the renegades and Zander had yet to reveal the information he had. Not that anyone wanted to hear anymore. It has been quiet for quite some time and Katherine had already thought that Alexis had given up. But from everything she went through, she had high doubts that she did.

Leaning back into her bed, she let out another sigh and closed her eyes. The darkness greeted her as she tried to silence her surroundings; she could hear almost everyone from a twenty mile radius. Breathing in and out, she tried to sleep as her surroundings eventually turned off, going quiet, that only the beating of her heart could be heard.

Slowly, she raised her eyelids and allowed the afternoon light shine through her window. As her pupils stared at the sunrays, a lone, patch of white above the colours that caught her attention and made her stare. An unknown object zoomed fast inside it, that made her question its existence, but her face remained the same, uninterested.

What is that even? Katherine thought as she watched the patch of white creep wider which made her raise a brow, elevating herself by the elbows. Curious, she kept her eye on it until another object flew past and made her question why it was there, and as she did, she remembered seeing them a week ago, on their first day in the Marshe house, but does not recall seeing it again.