Violinist's Doctor

Light streaming through the curtains; the wind blowing gently past the window. The moon was slowly rising to its peak; soft silent breathing sounded across the room. Slowly, Itsuki opened her eyes as the darkness greeted her; she slowly sat up and stretched her arms, before she pulled the duvet away, then swung her legs to the side. Looking about, she yawned as she tried to recall where she was.

"Oh, right," she mumbled as she slipped into her flip flops and got up, then paced towards the door that connected to the adjoining room; light greeted her eyes that made her raise a hand to prevent the light from blinding her, then lowered it as her eyes attuned itself to her surroundings. She took a step forward and was greeted by a warm smile from her dear friend, who was sitting on the bed with a book in her hand.

"Evening, Itsuki," Thesalia greeted her with a smile.

"What? It's evening?" Itsuki yawned in reply as she went over to her and plopped down next to her, "How are you? Feel anything?"

"Nothing really," Thesalia shook her head as she returned her eyes to the book, "I feel fine, surprisingly, even though I just gave birth a few days ago."

"Have you been resting?" Itsuki questioned, "I hope you're not moving about just after popping out three kids."

"Yeah, I've been in bed all day," Thesalia replied, "I don't want to incur your wrath after all."

"Well, I would have strapped you to this bed even if Athena gets angry at me," Itsuki giggled in response as Thesalia merely frowned at her that further turned her giggle into a laugh, "How are the little ones?"

"Sleeping soundly," Thesalia smiled at the thought of her children, "You can look at them in the other room if you want."

"You're not worried something might happen to them?" Itsuki asked as she got up and walked over to the other door that led to the nursery, "With the tremors happening all around, I'm quite worried you didn't put them in the same room as you."

"I am worried," Thesalia replied with a near frown, "But I need the light to read and I didn't want to disturb their sleep, so I had to move them," she explained, "Besides, they're just a room away, so I can run there without worry."

"Don't run," Itsuki looked over her shoulder and furrowed her brow as though threatening her, which only made Thesalia giggle and nod. Turning the knob, Itsuki quietly opened the door and poked her head through the crack just to sneak a peek at her nieces and nephew; a smile crept on her lips as she saw them sleeping soundly with a nightlight in shape of a beagle's face – one she assumed Athena chose – on the wall, a few feet away from their cribs. A warm sensation filled her heart at the sight of them, which she knew was her maternal instinct – something that almost every woman had.

Slowly, she closed the door and quietly let go of the knob before she turned around to face Thesalia, who seemed to have fallen asleep sitting against the headboard. Rolling her eyes, Itsuki merely sighed and gave a small smile, then walked over to her friend; she knew well that she had this habit of leaving herself so defenceless because Athena had been with her almost every day for the past three years. In all honesty, she does not blame her since she would have done the same should Jesslyn and her be living together.

"You'll catch a cold like that, Michie," Itsuki whispered as she carefully sat next to Thesalia and carefully removed the book in her hands before she helped the sleeping master of the house into a proper sleeping position; she pulled the duvet over her shoulders and smiled at her before she put the book away. "Sleep tight, my dear."

Walking away, Itsuki made her way to the main door and left the room with as little noise as possible; the lights turned to dim automatically as she quietly exited the room. Stretching her arms up, she looked at the hallway and thought of what to do; she has been in the mansion for more than three days since Thesalia's delivery and had been busy during the process. Now that the phase for resting is upon her patient, she does not know what to do in the place for she hardly knew where what was; she often found herself lost in the maze of a mansion Thesalia had that she had to ask the house keepers for directions.