Repentance Unforgiven

Ground under quake, walls slowly shattering; the castle was nearly in shambles. Art was quivering in a corner as he hid from the dark winged spirits around him; his heartbeat was screaming for him to escape that horrible place. He cowers under the rubble, hoping for none to find him as the very halls of the castle shook with each clash Hailey and Katherine had; both of them unable to reach the other.

Crawling away from the battle, Art tried hard not to be noticed as Deckard joined the rumble; despite his heavy breathing and slightly beaten body, he was able to deter several spirits from ever getting closer to the battle ground. Alexis clashed with the masked man, who was almost on par with the assassin protégé, but was always a step behind her.

How did I get myself mixed up with all of this?

Art crawled through the rubble as sweat trickled down his temples, feeling his bones jitter in fright; his palms were sweating uncontrollably from the nervousness. He tried to look for a safe place to hide, but every turn he looked seemed to be crawling with these dark spirits that held scythes in their hands, ready to decapitate him; the sight alone made his blood rise to his brain that made him go pale from the thought of having his head chopped off.

Shaking his head, he tried not to think about it as debris flew all around him as Deckard tried to dispatch anyone who wanted to interfere with the battle outside. Katherine and Hailey were shooting pot shots at each other for a while now as though Katherine was still in control of her body, trying her hardest not to hurt Hailey and in turn, Hailey was trying not to injure her severely.

"Wolfie," Hailey called out to the enraged werewolf whilst her clump of plasma power pinned the werewolf down, "Please, stop this," she pleaded as she tried not to let a tear escape her eye just as Katherine swiped her claw against a layer of her plasma; the tip of her dagger-like nails almost grazed Hailey's body, "This isn't you!"

"Pathetic," the man in black mumbled as he parried Alexis's downward slash, "The lot of you shall perish," he grunted as he pushed Alexis back almost effortlessly, but the assassin was quick to return it with an upward slice that slit a miniscule portion of the man's mask, "And it shall begin with you."

Smirking, Alexis dismissed his petty notion of her demise; she did not care for his words for she knew that the battle in front of her was nothing compared to the other battles she had. It was highly unlikely for her to lose as she kicked the man in the stomach and brought him down; she watched him used the spear on his hand to anchor himself up whilst she prepared to strike him again.

Lunging with agility, Alexis spun gracefully with little effort as her sword pierced through the arm of the man, whose clothes had gone tattered; if not for his form being spectral, the tattered clothes on his form would have been deep. The marks on his fatal joints were clearly visible yet he stood as if the holes on his body bore no pain; in truth it had and Alexis knew this from the way he would stagger, then run away to keep his bearings.

"I commend you for the fight," the man spoke as he stood tall, then looked at the thunder clouds rumbling in the distant blank sky, "But you efforts are in vain."

Just shut up, asshole.

Alexis stared him down as she dismissed whatever it was he said, uninterested with his nonsense; she had no room for words when her sword was speaking on her behalf. Lunging towards him, she tried to pierce him once again but the man parried efficiently and blocked the tip of her sword.

"I enjoy this clamour young assassin," the masked man spoke as he pushed her back, then leapt backwards just to bow in front of her, "But I have better things to do than entertain this petty... squalor," then stiffened his body before he slowly vanished, as his voiced echoed; "Au revior."