Shattered

"If you do not tell the truth about yourself, you cannot tell it about other people." – Virginia Woolf

Opening her eyes, there was darkness all around her with nothing but star-like dots hovering in one direction; she stood up with a gentle push from the ground as she peered through the cosmos, searching for an explanation as to where she was and how she had gotten there.

Pacing forward, the stars followed her step as she looked down and saw nothing but a cosmic floor, but not a single planet existed in this space. Gazing up, there was no light that even the stars could not form a path for her; she stared at her body and found it intact, unlike her dream where she could not see her own body.

What is this place?

Katherine questioned as she walked around in circles before a beam of light pillared up to the sky that made her approach it with curiosity; walking up to this great pillar of light, it soon vanished and formed a sphere on the ground where a pool of water resided that soon rippled into several images – a vision of sorts.

Staring into this crystal blue, a blurred face manifested in the water and slowly, the surface calmed that made her eyes widen for a second; her jaw dropped for a moment as her eyes finally narrowed, wondering what this was and why she could see Hailey inside it. From the look of her tousled shirt and smudged cheeks, she can tell that she was in the pit at the time, but why she can see her made her wonder.

"Wolfie?"

Fae?

"Wolfie!"

As the cosmos around her spun, her body floated and eventually entered the pool of water; her vision darkened then lit up like a fire where she found herself in front of Hailey, almost making her smile.

Reaching out to her, Hailey raised her arms in fear as her elemental pulled her back which made Katherine eye her with wonder. She examined her, at how her eyes looked concern, sympathetic, but above all, frightened.

"Fae, what's-"

Before Katherine cold even finish her sentence, a hulking polar bear came charging at her which made her stand there, unsure what to do. Dodging to the left, the bear tackled not her, but the ferocious werewolf that she knew not stood behind her.

Who... is that...?

It took the polar bear head on and merely lifted it over its head before successfully slamming it hard on the ground, which elicited a pained roar from the furry beast. Her eyes examined the werewolf that stood at least ten foot tall and muscular in size, its fur pitch black as the darkness with two streaks of grey on its back, joining on the top of its head.

"Oriana!"

Katherine's head flung to Hailey, who zoomed past the werewolf and commanded herself out of her golem, to leave it fending for both of them. She rolled under the werewolf who tried to swing its claws under her, but the elemental golem shouted a gust of wind at the beast, that made the werewolf stumble back by a tad bit.

Shuffling onto her feet, Katherine ran towards Oriana as much as she had already stood up, shaking her head as Hailey tried to examine her. As she got there, she noticed a gash on the polar bear's head which made her clench her teeth as soon as she approached her; a blinding light emerged as Hailey saw Oriana revert back to her human form.

"Ori, stay with me," Hailey told her as she pulled her arm over her shoulder and began to pull her away from the werewolf, "You're going to be fine, just stay awake."