Chapter 22

I scribbled down some sketches on a piece of paper. Piper sat down next to me, biting into an apple. Isaac and Harper had gone to go get something to eat. I wasn't hungry.

"What you drawing?" she asked.

"I don't know." I said. There was a long pause.

"Hey," Piper said, breaking the silence. "Do you remember that time Mason spilt the flour when we were baking cookies?" 

"Yeah."

"I guess the clumsy gene runs in your family," she chuckled.

"Huh?"

"Don't you remember that time we went ice-skating?"

"Just because I can't skate doesn't mean I'm clumsy."

"Suuurreeee,"

--

It was sometime in 2001. Piper had invited me to go ice-skating at the nearby pond, but I didn't know how to skate. I still went; but it was one of the most miserable experiences in my life. 

Piper had always been extremely athletic. She never failed at anything. Whether it was gymnastics, soccer, baseball, basketball, swimming, dancing, skiing... the list would never end.

I, on the other hand, was the opposite. With my clumsiness, I could never do anything gracefully.

So there I was, sitting off to the sides watching Piper skate. The fact that I was extremely paranoid also didn't help. The thought of the ice breaking is what haunted me the most.

"Ava," Piper called. "You gonna skate or what?"

"I think I'll just hang out here."

"Sitting on the snow and doing nothing?"

"Yep."

"You're lame."

"I know."

She frowned. "C'mon! What's the use of having you here if you aren't gonna do anything?"

"There is no use."

"Exactly. So come and skate!"

She grabbed my wrist and dragged me onto the ice rink. I lost my balance and fell.

"Wow." Piper laughed. "You're so gifted."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the chapter. As always, feel free to comment any feedback, requests or suggestions:)

-------

I was tagged by NeverCatchMe to do this, so here it goes.

Ten facts about me:

1. My nickname is Jules

2. My favourite book is Dark Places by Gillian Flynn or On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves

3. I'm Canadian

4. I can sorta play the piano (I'm not very good XD)

5. I can speak French

6. I have a fear for spiders (or any kind of bug)

7. My favourite song is currently All I Want by Kodaline

8. I'm allergic to dogs and cats

9. My top 3 favourite movies include The Lion King, The Perks Of Being a Wallflower and Forrest Gump

10. This is my tenth fact

Apparently I'm supposed to tag some others now so...

Gabylikestowrite The_lost_Me somerandomer2 iAmkellyxox Paris_05 TheGreatCrayon lionmouse yaoi_overload AbbeyFiring and bookswithblankets you guys are up next XD