Chapter 28

I was in a plane headed back home. Claps of thunder could be heard. They sounded like bricks slamming the cement. Like heavy novels being dropped. Like the loudest firecrackers you'd ever heard.

I looked out my window, and all I could see were dark clouds. Everything was grey.

I felt my surroundings tremble. I could've sworn it felt like I was in an earthquake. I clutched the edge of my seat, breathing heavily.  Deep breaths, Ava. Deep breaths. I couldn't calm down. Something bad was about to happen, I was sure of it. 

Out of the blue, water broke through the windows. The plane had crashed, and now, I was stranded in the middle of the ocean. I couldn't unbuckle myself from my seat, and I could feel my heart hammering inside of my chest. The seat was heavy, and it was dragging me with it as it sank into the ocean. 

I gasped for air, but only water made it's way down my throat. It filled my lungs. I was running out of time. I thought of Mason, my mother, my father, Harper, Piper, and Isaac.

And then black dots swam into my vision, before everything went dark.

--

In a flash, I flinched and opened my eyes. I found myself back where I remembered, lying underneath a bed of stars, with Isaac.

"You okay?" Isaac said, his voice startling me.

"Yeah. I'm fine," I breathed.

"You're sure?"

"Y-Yeah. I think I'm gonna head back to the shelter now and go check on the others." I said, and then I got up and dusted myself off, my heart still racing as the flashbacks from the nightmare came flooding in.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the chapter. School just started, but I'll try to update as many times as possible. Feel free to comment any feedback, suggestions, questions or requests. Thanks for reading :D