Chapter 29

I woke up, looking around and feeling fear rush through my veins. For a second, I forgot where I was. Then it dawned on me; I was back in the shelter. 

It had been days and I still couldn't get used to waking up there, but I didn't need to anymore, because it was the day I was scheduled to leave. I could finally fly back home and see my friends and classmates and other family members, and tell them everything. I'd get to go home and sleep in my own bed and change out of my filthy clothes and eat whatever I wanted and be in the comfort of my own house.

I was happy, I really was. And then I wasn't.

It was bittersweet, because I'd have to leave Thailand. 

And I know it sounded crazy - because who wouldn't want to get out of there at such a time? It was chaotic, and there were people crying everywhere and people trying to leave and everything was just overwhelming. But Thailand was the place that had marked me forever. The place that taught me something I could never forget. The place where I had met my first love. The place where I'd last seen my little brother and father, and the place that held the most memories.

And I wanted to leave - believe me, I really did - but it gave me this uneasy feeling that stirred inside of me. It made me anxious and angry and sad and put me in denial. I'd leave with Mason and Dad. We'd arrived as five, and so we were going to leave as five. 

But I knew that wasn't possible.

At the same time, as comforting as home was, what if it wasn't the same? How was home supposed to be home when there were two people missing? It would evoke memories - painful memories. How was I supposed to learn how to cope with that everyday?

A/N: Short chapter for today... I hope you guys are enjoying the story:) Once again, feel free to comment any requests, suggestions, questions or feedback! :D