Chapter 19

YOUR POV:

The next day started out just like any other day would. I got up and go ready for school, Kyoya met me halfway so we could walk together and we both headed to class. A perfectly normal day at Ouran Academy. That is, until Haruhi came into the classroom.

"Hey (f/n)!" Haruhi sat down in her seat next to me.

I gave her a smile, "Hey Haruhi!"

"Sooo, got any plans for next Friday?"

"Shhhh!"

"What?"

"I don't want to make a big deal about it."

"But its your birthday!"

"SHHHH!!"

Haruhi just gave me a confused look.

"Look, you know I've never really liked to make a big deal about my birthday. So if word gets out and the host club hears about it-"

"-Then they would make it a huge deal."

"Right. So please don't say anything, okay?"

"Okay, but you should at least let me get you something."

"No way."

"Why not!"

"You don't need to spend money on me!"

"But (f/n)! You're my best friend! Of course I have to spend money on you!"

I rolled my eyes at her, "Then as my best friend you would understand that I don't like people spending money on me."

"But you took me out to see a movie and took me to the mall for my birthday!"

"So?"

"So how come you get to spend money on me and I can't spend money on you?"

"Because I said so."

"You make it hard to love you sometimes."

I laughed, "I know."

Haruhi just smiled and shook her head, "I'm still going to tell Kyoya."

"Don't you dare!"

"Hes your boyfriend! He should know when your birthday is!"

"But I don't want him to have to spend money on me either!"

"Come on! Either I'm telling Kyoya or I'm telling the whole school."

I laughed, "You wouldn't do that, you're not that mean."

Haruhi giggled, "I know, but it was worth a shot."

"Yeah, good try Haruhi."

We both just laughed and got ready for class to start. Little did I know that Haruhi wasn't bluffing about the whole 'telling Kyoya' thing.

---------------------------------------------

KYOYAS POV:

I just got home after walking (f/n) to her house. I had no intention of having another 'talk' with my father, so I quickly went up to my room before my presence was noticed.

When I reached my room I tossed my school bag on my bed and collapsed on it. Another long day of studies and hosting. At least I'm home now to enjoy some relaxing.

I was just about to fall asleep when my phone rang. Who would dare call me when I was beginning to relax!? Better not be Tamaki.

I reached for my phone and saw that it was, in fact, Tamaki. That damn idiot! Can't he give me a moments peace!?

"What do you need Tamaki?"

"Kyoya! Did you know that (f/n)'s birthday is next week!? We have to plan a party!"

"What? Her birthdays next week? How do you know?"

"Well my beloved daughter told us after our guests and (f/n) left. Of course, you had left with her. But now you know!"

"I suppose that explains how you know, but why am I the last to be informed? Why wouldn't (f/n) mention this to me?"

"Well according to Haruhi, (f/n) doesn't like people doting on her. So thats why she kept her birthday a secret."

I just smiled, "(F/n) sure is an interesting individual."

"Indeed, which is why I think we should make this birthday one to remember!"

"Agreed, but what would you suggest? Since its clear she doesn't want to make a big deal about it."

"Well I was think that we could go about it as if its just another day, but after the ball we would pull all the hosts aside and have our own little celebration of (f/n)!"

"For once you actually came up with a good idea."

"Hey!"

"Anyways, what do you suppose we get her for her birthday?"

"Well since your her boyfriend, I think you should get her something and then we'll get her something as a group."

"Sounds reasonable, except that I have no idea what to get her."

"I'm sure you'll think of something! Now I'm going to go and help the twins plan the party!"

"Make sure its something (f/n) would enjoy!"

"Of course! Bye Kyoya!"

With that I hung up and collapsed (once again) on my bed. How on earth am I suppose to find something good enough for (f/n)? Shes just so....perfect. Everything else just seems so dull compared to her.

I groaned, this is going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done.

YOUR POV:

Haruhi seemed really happy today. Not happy, more like smug. What did she do? Better not be something involving my birthday. Probably is. Dang it Haruhi!

I was currently out shopping with my mother for a dress. Since none of my clothes were fancy enough for the ball, I had to go and buy a dress that is.

We were currently in the fiftieth store we have visited so far. All of the dresses we have come across have either been too casual, too revealing or too expensive.

"Honey why don't I just make you a dress? You know I can be quite the seamstress." my mother suggested as we left the store.

"Do you really think you could do it? I mean, make a dress that would look fancy enough for a rich peoples ball?"

"Of course! We can go to the fabric store and pick our something cute!"

"Well I don't see the chances of finding a dress at one of these stores, so why not. Just nothing too skimpy looking!"

My mother fake gasped, "Like I would do that!"

I laughed and continued walking with my mother to the fabric store. At least this way I can help with the designing. This should be fun.
__________________________

A/N: I'm thinking of continuing the story with fluffy stuff and then add the arranged marriage as the ending conflict, what do you think? Remember to comment and vote! Love you all!!