Chapter 28

YOUR POV:

"W-what?"

"I'm sorry (f/n)."

My eyes were stinging from all the tears that were threatening to fall.

"This is how it has to be."

I couldn't say anything. It was as if all my words were stolen and left me completely mute. All I could do was nod and walk away before he saw the tears that were now streaming down my face.

Before any of the hosts could ask what was wrong I grabbed my bag and left. All I wanted to do at that moment was run home.
---------------------------------------------
When I reached my house I quickly ran to my room before my parents noticed I was home. I locked my door and threw myself onto my bed, allowing the tears to fall.

My mother must have heard me whimpering because it didn't take long before she was at my door.

"Are you alright sweetheart?"

"I'm....fine...m-mom." I managed to get those few words out in between sobs.

"Honey please let me in."

It felt as if my legs were made of led as I went to unlock the door.

Immediately after the door was opened my mother engulfed me in a hug, "Shhhhh...I'm here. Everything's going to be okay."

Soon after the tears began to become diverse and eventually diminished.

"There. Now will you please tell me what happened?"

"Kyoya.....he.....he broke up with me."

KYOYAS POV:

I felt awful for what I did, but whats done is done. I cannot change the past and I cannot change the path my father has in store for me.

I was on my way home when my father had called me from work to see if I did as he asked.

"I'm glad to hear that Kyoya. Now we can go on with our plan without having to worry about Ms. (L/n)."

".....Yeah."

"I'm proud of you son."

".............Thank you...father."

Of course only now father would be proud of me. This is the only time that I had done what he instructed without any hesitation. I should be pleased that my father is finally proud of me, but for some reason I am not.

YOUR POV:

"I'm so sorry sweetheart! He was such a nice young man. Did he explain why?"

"No."

"Well I'm sure there has to be a reason! Why not try and find out!"

"Whats the point in that? Its done."

"The point is knowing whether or not it was a just reason!"

"I don't care what the reason was. Its done. There isn't a need to clarify the reasoning."

"Oh sweetie of course there's a need! Aren't you just a tad bit curious?"

"No."

"Not even a little?"

"No. I just want to get some sleep."

"Well....alright sweetheart. I'll let you get ready for bed then. I love you!"

"I love you two."

To tell you the truth I was a little curious as to why he did it, but I was too exhausted to deal with that now. Tomorrow is a new day. Perhaps I'll ask Kyoya then.