Chapter Seven - Paulie!

~Danny~ (While he was screaming from his nightmare)

No, no, no, no, no, no...I thought over and over as I tried to escape this horrible memory/dream, but couldn't no matter how much I tried. 

Danny, you need to calm down so you can wake up. You're not going to be able to if you don't focus. I heard either Dominic or Derek say softly, almost as though he was whispering in my ear as I started to find myself believing this was really happening. 

DANNY! THIS ISN'T REAL! One of them yelled, but I could barely hear them anymore. This went on for a few more minutes with them getting quieter and quieter and me falling almost completely into the nightmare.

Although all that changed when I somehow heard a deep and slightly gruff male voice yelling in the background. His voice seemed to cut through the nightmare and make it disappear slowly as I could finally hear Dominic and Derek again. What just happened? Dominic asked as he appeared in the background of the disappearing memory/dream along with Derek. 

No idea, but is it just me or do you feel connected to whoever's voice we heard? 

It's not just you, but as far as we know they don't even exist.

Or they could.

"Danny....Danny...Danny, sweetie wake up..." We all could faintly hear as the dream started to disappear even faster. After a few more minutes, or seconds I don't know really, I opened my eyes and looked around. I saw someone standing beside the bed I was laying on and didn't recognize them. The only thing I did recognize was the fact that the person was a vampire. I quickly scrambled back from them as my ears and tail came out. "Danny calm down." The vampire said and it only succeeding in scaring me more as I didn't recognize them and they knew my name. It also didn't help that I had just been having a dream of my first night after I was kidnapped by HIM. 

When the vampire stepped toward me, I scrambled back even further, which caused me to tumble off the bed and onto the floor. The vampire came over to me and tried to grab me, but I quickly scrambled back into a corner and kept both the vampire and the small child, that I had only just realized was in the room with us, in my line of view as I wrapped my tail around my legs protectively. 

Danny, calm down she isn't going to hurt you. It's Izzy remember? I heard Derek whisper quietly in my mind as to not scare me. I shook my head disagreeing with him as there was no way that was Izzy. 

About another minute passed in silence before the vampire left leaving only me and the child in the room. I stayed in my spot afraid to try and escape in case the child ratted me out. She stared back at me for a few minutes before sitting down in the spot she had been standing as she continued to stare. Danny, you're safe there. Remember? This is Izzy's husband's family's house? The girl who are staring at is her daughter. Remember any of this? Dominic asked mentally shaking me, but what he said wasn't making any sense to me as I knew that, that vampire who just left wasn't Izzy and this child wasn't her daughter. If they were, I would recognize them, but I didn't. 

I'm not sure how long had passed before I heard two people coming up the stairs and I saw the vampire along with another person come into the room. I may not have recognized the person she was with, but I did recognize the object he was holding. "Paulie." I whispered opening my arms as I stared at him in the man's hands. The next thing I knew he was in my arms and I instantly pulled him against my chest. I could feel my wolf ears and tail slowly retreating and I started crying in happiness of finally having him again.

After a little bit I looked at the vampire, the man and the child and realized Derek and Domonic were telling me the truth as I recognized them as Izzy, her daughter and..."Daddy!" I exclaimed jumping to my feet and rushing over to him. As soon as I was within arms' reach, he pulled me to his chest and hugged me tightly. "I missed you." I whispered against his chest as I could feel him shaking with silent sobs.

"Oh, Danny, I'm so glad to see you." He muttered as he kissed the top of my head. We stayed like that for a few minutes before separating and we both looked over at Izzy who was watching us with a smile. 

"Hey, Danny, do you want to meet some...acquaintances of mine?" She asked smiling reassuringly as I nervously looked down at Paulie who was still being squished against my chest. After a few moments I nodded and she led me back downstairs and into the living room. Where I had only recently been before passing out...again. I looked around the room, seeing many very large and imtinidating darkish skinned men, and one woman. I didn't really process any of their faces before I saw Jacob. Who I think Izzy had said was the one who found me. 

"Cub!" I said rushing over and jumping onto his lap as he was sitting and hugged him. 

"You didn't notice me before, Danny?" He asked knowing the answer as he hugged me back laughing lightly. I could hear a low growl from somewhere in the room and Derek became alert.