Chapter Twenty - Soulmate?

~Paul~

When Danny said he had two other minds in his head...I was pretty shocked, but unlike Bella I didn't freak out about it. It was odd and sounded a bit crazy, yes, but it did seem kind of plausible since he is the first vampire/human/shifter I've ever heard of. And by the looks of it, that anyone else had ever heard of too. 

I was also shocked by the fact that apparently the other two minds could take control of their shared body. But then I remembered a few times yesterday and one earlier that he didn't really seem to be himself. First off when he had gotten his food from Esme and his eyes turned a reddish brown and his voice got a bit deeper. At the time I didn't think anything of it as I was paying more attention to what he said and not what he sounded like when he said it. Also before he ran off yesterday his eyes turned deep red and his skin got paler. Plus earlier when he asked if we knew what the b@st@rd who kidnapped his was, when he had said 'b@st@rd' it wasn't his voice. Well it was only it was gruffer. Not by much, but it was different from his normal soft and sweet voice. 

When he told us that it was his vampire side who came out yesterday before he ran off, it answered my unspoken question about if that had been Danny or not. And yet that wasn't the strangest bit of the next hour or so. 

The stranger bit of the hour started when Danny's vampire side, Dominic, took control. 

And I'm not talking about the fact that Dominic exists and can take control over their body when either allowed to or he forces control. What I'm talking about is when I met his eyes after he turned took control, I imprinted on him. Although that wasn't too weird seeing as him and Danny are kind of the same person just with different personalities. I found it weird since I had looked into his eyes yesterday before he ran off, but maybe the reason it didn't happen before was because he wasn't looking back at me and instead at Embry's blood, as he had told us. It was also surprising that he didn't know about the window exploding. I wonder if he had done it subconsciously and that's why he didn't know about it. 

Then the strangeness just continued, well after he told us how Danny was turned into both since he was human before hand, which pissed me off and I only didn't shift because Dominic managed to calm me down by holding my hand. Anyway the strangeness continued when we discovered that even though Dominic is the vampire side, he can shift into a wolf just like Danny and Derek. Although he was the first one to show us his form. 

And I have to say his wolf form is very cute. It's not too big, compared to my wolf form, and he is only a six month old puppy in looks. He is almost completely dark brown, but has a silver underbelly, a silver tipped tail almost as though he dipped it into silver paint or something and a silver marking on his right flank. Which I couldn't really see from the angle I was looking at him from. 

I think the strangest thing that happened was when Derek took control and shifted. His wolf form was only about a foot shorter than mine and he looked the oldest of the three. Well I'm guessing since we weren't able to see Danny's wolf from yet, but Dominic did say that he was the smallest and youngest if I remember correctly. Well the strange bit wasn't exactly him shifting...it's what he did after he shifted back.

***

I looked away from Carlisle, who had a thoughtful expression on his face...something having to do with the silver crown marking on Derek's right flank while in wolf form...anyway I looked over at Derek and saw he was staring back at me. And I swear he smirked about five seconds before he quickly shifted out of wolf form. And then jumped onto my lap so he was straddling me with his legs on either side of mine and his hands on my shoulders before slamming his lips onto mine. 

His kiss was very demanding and hot, but before I could respond he was suddenly thrown off of my lap. Since I hadn't had the time to close my eyes, I watched as he flew back and hit the wall opposite the couch I was sitting on and fell to the ground. Everyone was silent for a few seconds and I was about to jump to my feet and rush over to him when he spoke. "Totally worth it!" He said laughing as he threw his arms up into the air before slamming them back down onto the ground, but this time so they were above his head.