Chapter Twelve - What just happened?

SURPRISE CHAPTER! Also I've stopped the hold early. 

Enjoy :D

~Paul~

I'm not sure how long I had been standing over Danny before they managed to calm me down long enough so that I realized Danny wasn't in danger. Well at least not from anyone in the house right now, no matter how much I would like the lee...I mean the Cullens to stay away from him. After they managed to calm me down, Jake walked over with another pair of shorts, seeing as mine are kind of destroyed, and I moved from my place over Danny and headed outside. Of course I didn't wait until I got to the forest to shift, instead shifting back pretty much as soon as I had exited the house. I quickly put the shorts and and reentered the house, only to have Bella try and maul me when I walked back in. Luckily though Emmett quickly moved over to her and held her back from killing me. Although I'm sure he would find it funny.

"Izzy...Izzy...IZZY!" Danny yelled shocking us all and everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to look over at him. He looked a bit irritated, and honestly he looked adorable angry. "He didn't hurt me, my feet were already injured and it just hurt a bit when I stepped away from you." He said and I realized why Bella tried to attack me, although I assumed it was because I had gone all weird and tackled him to the ground and tried to hide him from view for however long it was. Bella soon stopped struggling completely and Emmett let her go, but he looked ready to grab her again in case she tried to attack me again. She glared at me for a few moments before turning and walking over to where Edward and their little half breed daughter were. 

"Nice job, Paul." Embry said snorting slightly after everyone calmed down, but instead of saying something, I simply punched him in the shoulder, hard. Although that might not have been a very good idea because when I did that, he stepped back away from me because of the amount of force I had put into the punch and stepped onto a piece of glass from the coffee table I...may have broken..."Ow." Embry groaned as he sat down on a nearby chair and put held his foot up so he could remove the piece of glass, but my attention was drawn to Danny and I noticed he was tense. 

I looked over and my eyes widened when I saw that his skin had turned a bit paler, his eyes were turning a deep blood red and he was looking straight at Embry's foot, or more of the blood on it. "Danny, are you alright?" I asked cautiously and everyone else looked over at him as well. I heard a few of them gasp as I looked back at Danny and saw his eyes no longer had any trace of brown in them and were instead completely red. 

"Danny?" Bella asked as she slowly walked over to him, but was stopped by some invisible force before she could get within two feet of him. "What's going on?" She asked looking over at Edward for help. 

"I don't know, his mind it blocked. Even more so than yours ever was. It's almost painful to try and look into his mind right now." Edward said, but his voice was slightly faint as I focused souly on Danny. "Jasper, can you feel any emotions from him?"

"Two."

"What are they?"

"The strongest one is hunger." He said and we all looked over at him for a few seconds before looking back at Danny. 

"What about the other?" Bella asked quietly.

Before Jasper could answer, I saw Danny's stance begin to relax his dark red eyes looked around a bit before they closed and I heard him take in a deep breath. "Danny?" I asked and his eyes reopened, but they seemed almost unfocused. I was about to take a step toward him when the window behind him suddenly exploded and I covered my face with my arms so the glass wouldn't harm my eyes or anything. When I uncovered my face, I saw that Danny was gone. "What the f...heck just happened?" I asked looking over at the others who all looked as confused as I was. 

Yeah, it's short, but most chapters in this story are pretty short.