Chapter Sixteen - Danny, thank god

~Paul~

I was pacing back and forth in the Cullens' living room, right where the coffee table had been. Sam, Jacob, Embry and Jared had left with Emmett, Alice and Rosalie to go look for Danny. Don't think I didn't want to go. Sam had ordered me to stay back because about two hours ago, when I was allowed to search for Danny, I found some bandages that had dried blood on them and smelt like Danny. It was clear these were the bandages on his feet, since they were covered in dirt and a bit of mud. Also there was a small bit of glass stuck in it. Anyway when I found it I may have let my feral side take control and almost harmed Embry when he got too close. So Sam ordered me back to the Cullens' house until further notice. Although it wasn't until Jasper managed to use his ability to calm me down that his order worked in the slightest. 

I knew I was annoying Bella, which ended up annoying Edward, but I couldn't care less. All I care about is if Danny is alright. Plus figuring out what happened when he ran off. I don't understand how his eyes turned red and how the window just exploded. I ignored Edward's staring, Bella's glaring and fought against Jasper's attempts to calm me down as I continued pacing back and forth. Although my pacing slowed to a stop when we heard Charlie's phone ringing. I looked over at him as he pulled it phone from his pocket, noticing pretty much everyone else doing the same. 

"Hello?" He asked after he flipped open his, pretty old, phone. I could hear Billy on the other end, but wasn't paying attention enough to hear what he had said. "WHAT?!" Charlie yelled and almost everyone started talking, asking him what was wrong, but he ignored them all. "How is Danny at your house?" I heard him ask and, once again, my feral side took control and I found myself running out of the house. Fortunately the door had yet to be fixed so I didn't have to run through it. Again. 

As soon as my feet hit the ground just outside the house, I shifted into my silver wolf, barely giving myself enough time to take off and tie my shorts to my leg, and ran toward the tree line so I could quickly get to La Push and Danny. "Paul! I ordered you to stay back at the house!" I heard Sam yell through the mind link, but ignored him as I continued running as fast as I could through the forest. "Paul, go back to the Cullens!" He ordered, but I didn't feel the familiar need to submit. Instead I felt more annoyed that he tried to order me, but that was probably my feral side, which as I said was the side that was in control. Although before Danny came, I never even noticed I had a feral side. I guess when he came, that side was awakened or something. "PAUL!" Sam yelled, beyond pissed by this point, but I blocked him out not caring to listen to him. Another thing I've never been able to do. I mean yes I could try to ignore them, but I've never been able to actally block them out while in wolf form. But hey I'm certainly not complaining. 

I quickened my pace and soon found myself bounding through the forest, barely managing not to run into the trees. Although that didn't last too long as I ended up running into one of them and it crashed to the ground because of how fast I was running. Luckily I wasn't hurt, much, and as soon as I was back on my feet, I continued running through the trees. 

***

I could still faintly feel Sam and the others who were shifted in the back of my mind, but ignored the feeling as I neared La Push. I also felt my feral side retreating back into my mind and now had more control over my body the closer I got to Billy's house. By the time the small red house was in view, from the trees, I was complete control of my body again and shifted back. I quickly slipped on my shorts and ran toward the front door to Billy's house. 

Before I could even open knock on the door, it opened and I rushed in completely ignoring the person who had opened it. I ran into the living room and straight over to Danny, who was curled up on the couch asleep. His hair was even messier than it was when I first saw him, and was sticking up on one side since he was leaning that side against the back of the couch. His clothes were a bit dirtier than before, although it wasn't much of a difference, and I noticed his feet were bare. Indicating I was right about the bandages I had found in a bush before Sam ordered me back to the house earlier, but was weird is his feet looked completely smooth, from what I could see, and didn't even look like they could've been wounded before.