Chapter Ten - MINE!

~Paul~

"How hungry would you be if for the past four years, you got just enough food so that you didn't starve?" Danny asked somewhat harshly, his voice oddly a bit deeper than it was a few minutes ago. Although that was strange, I focused more on what he had said and how it made a part of me feel extremely uneasy and angry. 

"What do you mean?" Quil asked.

"Where do you think I've been the past four years, Quil?" Danny asked looking over at him as he stuck the spoon into the pile of food. And his voice was still strangely deep. "Here's a hint, it wasn't boarding school and it sure as hell wasn't voluntary." As he spoke, the deepness in his voice got deeper and deeper and his eyes began to turn a reddish brown. And the part of me that felt uneasy and angry got even angrier when I realized exactly what he meant. I clenched my fists to try and stop myself from shaking in anger before I even started as I didn't want to scare Danny.

Danny seemed to space out for a few seconds before he started eating again. But in those few seconds, his reddish brown eyes lost all hint of the red, almost as though it was never there in the first place, and his skin, which had gotten a tiny bit paler, went back to its normal paleness. 

 "Why don't we al go outside so we can explain without worrying Danny or making him remember it and have another panic attack?" Carlisle asked quietly so Danny couldn't hear any of us, which he didn't seem to as he continued stuffing his face. Which was weirdly adorable. Hell everything he did was adorable!  I stared at him for a few seconds before following everyone, besides Renesmee who was sitting near Danny eating as well, before Bella had a reason to punch my skull in. Which I knew she REALLY wanted to do since I imprinted on Danny. 

Once we were all outside and were far enough from the house, the pack and I turned to the Cullens waiting for them to explain. "Well first off, Danny is my younger brother." Bella started and Leah muttered 'duh' under her breath. "Anyway...he is two years younger than me, so he is eighteen." She said and I couldn't stop the next thought. Sweet he's legal. Edward shot a stern look my way, as he had clearly heard that, but I ignored him as I listened to Bella and she continued explaining. "Four years ago he was kidnapped while on a walk after I picked him up from school."

"Yeah I remember Jacob telling us that Billy had informed him of that four years ago." Quil said sadly and Embry nodded in agreement. 

"Earlier today Jacob found Danny in the forest unconscious and badly injured." She said and all my senses became instantly alert when I heard that. "...when he woke up..."

***

"...from what I figured out from his nightmare, Danny was not only kidnapped by a vampire." Edward started as he looked over at me. "He was also raped by him." My eyes widened when I heard that and the next thing I knew I was in my wolf form. I didn't even have an warning of it and had no real control as I ran toward the house, following Danny's wonderful scent. 

I crashed through the closed front door and ran into the living room. I saw two others in the room, who I weirdly couldn't focus on enough to recognize, and tackled Danny to the floor. Once he was lying on the floor under me, I covered his body with mine as I looked around for any danger to Danny. More people came into the house and again I couldn't recognize them. No matter what I tried, all I could focus on was Danny who was lying under me completely shielded by my huge wolf body.Honestly I'm surprised there was even enough room for that as the living room wasn't all that large and I'm the size of an effing horse. 

I growled loudly as I lowered myself even lower when one of them stepped forward and all I could think of was. Danger...Mine...Must protect...MINE! I snapped at them and watched, satisfied, as they jumped back away from me.