Chapter Fourteen - Billy!

~Danny~

Four hours, ten minutes and forty-two seconds.

That's how long it took from when Dominic ran out of Izzy's house to hunt to me finding myself in the VERY familiar Native American reservation that is La Push. I considered not leaving the trees that hid me from view, but just seeing the familiar houses and smelling the beach in the wind calmed me down so much so that my tail and ears retracted. I decided to then head out of the trees, since I really didn't have a reason to keep myself hidden any longer and headed toward, hopefully, Cub's house. Although I don't actually know if he and his father, Billy, still even live there. I also can't really recall where any of the people I remember that live on the reservation houses are. 

"What kind of name is La Push?" Derek asked as I slowly walked down the sidewalk trying to remember the way to Billy's house.

"A Native American name." Dominic said in a tone that pretty much said that Derek was an idiot, while looking at him like he does whenever he calls Derek and idiot. Plus in his option, Derek was. "I mean Danny did kind of say it was a Native American reservation." 

"I know that! I meant in general. The name 'La Push' is kind of odd."

"Well than maybe you should have worded your question differently."

"Or maybe you should..." Derek started, but I interrupted him before he could start one of their, hourly, fights.

"Could you two please stop arguing? Especially over something so stupid and pointless?" I asked as I continued down the sidewalk, noticing that pretty much no one was around. That might have to do with the fact that it was getting later and I think it might be late afternoon. 

When I realized that I recognized where I was and how to get to Billy's house from here, I sped up slightly. And while Derek and Dominic stopped arguing about that, they of course found something else to argue about. Which isn't surprisingly. They could fight over anything. 

After a few minutes I found myself in front of the familiar small red house with white front door and ramp in front of it. Off to the side of the house was a four door sliver truck and another smaller black car beside it. "Danny, what are you waiting for?" Dominic asked after me standing in front of the house for about two minutes. 

"What if he doesn't live here anymore?" 

"Well you won't knew if you don't go up to the front door and knock. Plus if he doesn't, you can just ask where he lives now." 

"I guess." I said as I slowly walked up to the door. I quickly knocked on the door before I could chicken out and heard a woman inside as she headed toward the door. When the door opened, I saw a beautiful woman with shoulder length black hair and a very large, and kind of ugly, scar on the right side of her face that pulled that side of her mouth down into a constant scowl. I make sure to keep myself from staring at her, seeing as she most likely hated it when people stared at her. And that also caused a fight between Derek and Dominic since Derek sort of freaked out about the scar and Dominic berated him for that. It's a good thing no one else can hear them sometimes. "Hi...um...I...um..." I stuttered as I nervously looked down the floor as I wrapped my arms around my midsection. 

"What did you need, Sweetie?" She asked softly, probably seeing how nervous I was. 

"I wanted to know if...um...Billy...still lived here." I said looking back up at her and saw her slightly smiling at her, although only the left half of her mouth really moved up. 

"Yes, he's now. Would you like to come in?" She asked and I nodded and slowly walked passed her so she could close the door behind me. She then led me into the living room where I saw Billy sitting in a wheelchair watching TV. "Billy, this young man..."

"Danny?" He asked shocked interrupting her when he looked over at me. 

"Hi, Billy." I said smiling softly at him. 

"Come here." He said holding out his arms and I walked over and hugged him. "How?"

"Cub found me in the forest unconscious. He took me to Izzy's father-in-law and got me checked out. Stuff happened and I kind of got lost in the woods and wound up here." I explained after pulling away from his hug. 

"Does Charlie...?"

"Yes, he brought me Paulie...who I accidentally left back at Izzy's house." I said sitting down on the couch beside him. The woman was still standing in the doorway to the living room looking kind of confused. Billy seemed to notice her as well and explained who I am.

"Emily, this is Charlie's son Danny. He is Bella's younger brother." He started explaining as she walked further into the living room. "He went missing four years ago when he was fourteen."

"Oh my goodness." She said quietly. 

"I was kidnapped and escaped from the man I think a week or so ago." I said quietly as I looked down at my hands in my lap. I saw Billy tense up to my left and when I looked at Emily, she had a shock, and horrified, expression of her face. 

"Oh my." She whispered covering her mouth with her hand. 

"Danny, I'm going to call Charlie and tell him you're here, alright? I'm sure he is very worried about where you are. Especially since he just got you back." Billy said and I nodded just thinking about worried he, Izzy, and the others must be. He rolled away from the couch and over to the phone at the dining room table. 

"Danny, would you like cookies or something?" Emily asked walking closer to me and I brightened up smiling. I hadn't had cookies in four years. "That's good because I had just finished making some when you knocked don the door." She said heading into the kitchen while I turned and looked at the TV. Which was playing a football game.