Chapter 6

Ward's POV:

I lay Skye on the couch. I should be mad at her, but for some reason, I am not. She just looks so innocent.

I look at my jaw in the mirror. It is turning purple and it hurts. For someone so little, she sure packs a punch.

Wait. What if she tries to escape again. I cannot let that happen. I need a plan.

Suddenly I think if one. I run up to my room and look in my closet. This us perfect. I will tether us together.

The tether is like a set of handcuffs, only the rope is long enough to give two people personal space. It is also much lighter, but much harder to break.

I grab it and run back downstairs to Skye.

We are now tethered together and the key is in a very good hiding place.

Skye's POV:

(Three hours later)

My head hurts. I sit up and all of the days events rush back to me.

I remember I escaped, but I didn't get to far before Ward caught up to me. He tackled me, but I kicked him in the jaw and started running again. Then I could hear him catching up to me, but I passed out before anything happened.

What a weird day.

"Did you have a nice rest?" I hear someone say.

Ward. Wait...... WARD?!??!

I quickly stand up. I am now in a state of complete panic. I try to run, but something stops me. I turn around to see that I am tethered to Ward.

"WHAT IS THIS!!!!" I ask. I am angry.

"Now you can't run away from me." He replies.

I try to punch him, but he easily avoids it. He grabs both of my wrists and backs me into a wall.

"Listen to me Skye. You are not leaving my sight from now on. You are mine."

Now he is angry.

"What about going to the bathroom?" I ask with anger in my voice.

"The tether is long enough that we can wait outside for each other." He replies.

I ask him other questions, trying to get out of this, but he comes up with an answer every time.

I hate this. I hate him.

----------------------------------------------

Hello again people! 😋

Comment what you think! 😄