Chapter 8

Skye's POV:

I can't believe it. Ward is crying. I feel something inside of me. It's guilt, but with something else. Love, maybe? No I do not love Ward. Do I?

He is trying to hide his face, but I can already see that he is crying.

He gets up, with tears falling from his eyes, and leads me into what looks like a library. This house is bigger than I thought.

He grabs one of the books and opens to a page with a key in it. He takes the key and unlocks the tether.

"You still can't leave, but you are free of the tether. However, if you try to escape again, I will put it back on." He says sadly.

He starts to walk away, but I grab his hand. He looks at me with his wet, swollen eyes. Before I can stop and think, I kiss him on the cheek, and quickly walk back to my room.

Ward's POV:

Oh my gosh. Skye just KISSED me on my cheek! The sad feeling in my stomach turns into a happy feeling. There is still hope for me! I need to go talk to her.

I walk to her bedroom door and knock.

"Go away, please." She says.

I walk in anyway.

"WARD!!!! I told you to go away."

I have no idea what is happening to me. I don't stop walking.

Instead, I go right up to her her, take her face into my hands, and kiss her.

Once I am done, I look at her. She looks up at me shocked.

I decide not to say anything. So I walk out and close the door behind me.

----------------------------------------------

Comment what you think! 😆