Chapter 21

Skye's POV:

I slip on the dress. It fits my figure perfectly. The bottom goes a little but past my knees. I have absolutely no idea how Ward managed this. Or why he would even want to.

After admiring the dress in a mirror, I head upstairs. Once I get to my room I look on my bed. There is the next clue.

It says:

Skye. I am sure by now you have noticed that your bracelet is off. Walk outside to the biggest tree in the woods and stand by the trunk. I trust you will not run away.
~ Ward

I look at my wrist. The bracelet is off. I cannot believe I didn't notice. This could be my only chance to escape. But do I really want to?

I walk outside. It is absolutely gorgeous out. It is warm, but there is a nice breeze. The sun is just starting to set, giving the woods a warm glow.

I look down at my dress. It is so beautiful. Ward is doing something so nice. I can't run away. Not yet.

It doesn't take me long to figure out what the biggest tree is. It is much taller and much thicker than any if the other trees. I walk up to the trunk, just as the note instructed me to.

I am just looking at the gorgeous scenery when I hear something behind me. I turn to face the trunk. There is now a rope latter with a note on it.

The note says:

Get on, but do not climb. Just hang on tightly.
~Ward

I get on the latter and it starts moving slowly towards the top of the tree.

----------------------------------------------

Hello people!

Comment what you think! 😄