Chapter 22

Skye's POV:

I am just about to the top of the tree. My heart is pounding very fast. It looks like a giant tree house.

Once I reach the top, I can't believe my eyes. There is a beautiful candle light dinner. I look at Ward. He is dressed in a nice black suit. He looks....handsome.

"W-Ward?"

I can't even speak. He grabs my hands and pulls me off of the latter to the tree house.

"D-do you like it?" He asks nervously.

"I love it." I say.

"REALLY?!" He asks excitedly.

"Yes." I reply, with a hint of laughter.

He pulls out my chair and motions for me to sit down.

Ward's POV:

She likes it. I can't believe she likes it!

I sit down across from her.

"You look absolutely beautiful, Skye." I say.

She looks at me and smiles.

"Thank you. This is a beautiful dress." She says.

"It didn't take me long to pick one out for you because you look good in everything." I say.

She looks down. She is trying to hide the smile that is creeping onto her face.

"I will go get the food." I say.

We spend almost two hours talking to each other. I didn't think it was possible, but I think I am more in love with her than before.

I help her out of her chair. I have to show her one last thing before we go back to the house.

We walk up a stairwell in the tree house. It is a long walk, but we finally reach the hatch that goes to the roof.

"Close your eyes." I tell her.

She closes her eyes and I lead her onto the roof. It is dark out, but this place is so far away from the city, that there is no light pollution. So the sky is filled with stars.

"Open your eyes." I say.

She opens them and she looks stunned.

"I've never seen this many stars all at once." She says.

We spend about thirty minuets up there before we decide to head back.

Once we are back at the house I sit on the couch and Skye comes to sit next to me.

"That was one of the best days I have had in a long time. Thank you, Ward." She says.

She looks at me. I can't take it anymore! I lean in and, without warning, I start kissing her.

----------------------------------------------

Hello people! 😄

I am SO sorry I haven't updated in a while. School has just been keeping me very busy. I am very sorry. I will update more often.