The start of something.

As Morgan watched me pack my things back up I searched for the right words to say in order to get her back to California with me.

"I really appreciate you coming to see me." She smiled.

"Morgan, come back with me." I spat out deciding to just go for it.

Her smile disappeared as she looked at me. "What?" She choked out.

"Come back home please." I begged. "I know you hate it here, but you love California. " I explained. "Please come back home." I continued.

"I couldnt." She told me shaking her head.

"You can." I argued.

"No." She told me. "I forgive you for what you did chresanto but I cannot forget, it weighs heavy on my mind day and night." She pointed out causing my heart to ache. "I love you, I do. But I don't think I can go back to how things were.. Not yet." She said.

Not yet? So there was still a chance.

I stayed quiet for a little while... There had to be another way.

"Still come back to California." I said.

"Chresanto what part aren't you understanding I-" she began only to have me cut her off.

"No no. I get what you're saying that's why I'm suggesting you still come to Cali and just stay at my father's house." I explained. "How would you like that?" I asked her.

She remained quiet for a while taking it in.

"Your father's house?" She questioned.

"Yes. You know you miss Joanna." I pointed out to help her say yes.

"How can you just offer me a place in your dad's home?" She questioned

"Oh come on Morgan. They love you! Probably more than they love me." I chuckled. "But if it will make you feel better I'll call them right now."

She laid there smiling up at me. "I guess I need to start packing." She smiled.

"There's no time, our flight leaves in a few hours." I informed her.

"Our flight? I know you didn't get me a ticket." She laughed.

My cheeks reddened. "I did because I didn't plan on leaving here without you." I told her.

"so you were that sure that I'd say yes?" She questioned.

"No." I said shaking my head."but I was prepared to move to Georgia if I had too." I told her.

"You would have left everything behind just to stay here with me?" She questioned.

"I am nothing without you Morgan, nothing else really matters if I can't have you." I breathed out.

~*~
We ended up missing our flight all together because her mom insisted that they drive us back to Cali instead to give Her time to pack Morgan's things and also get everything worked out with the doctors.

The fact that her mom felt like she needed to get involved didn't surprise me one bit.. That lady was so clingy.

Now all of us stood at the door of my father's home.

"Are the expecting us?" Veronica questioned.

"Of course." I told her simply just as Joanna pulled the door open instantly embracing her best friend into her arms.

I watched the two of them squeeze each other to death as my father and Karen came to the door.

"Please come inside." My dad offered moving to the side allowing us in.

The rest of the evening was spent allowing Veronica to lay out a list of her rules.

That woman was a pill.

Once they left this house I couldn't be anymore excited watching their car pull out of the driveway.

"How long does it take to unpack bags." I questioned impatiently. "I bet Joanna is just up there talking her ear off instead of helping.

Dad chuckled nodding in agreement.

"They miss each other is all." Karen chimed in.

I let out a breath of frustration. "Could I spend the night." I questioned..

Truth is, I wanted to be wherever Morgan was.

"Of course." My dad said instantly.

Minutes later Morgan and Joanna finally came back down stairs deciding to join us for dinner.

I sat across the table my eyes glued to Morgan the entire time.

She was perfect.

The way her jaws moved as she ate mesmerized me.

"Would you like me to drive you to therapy tomorrow?" I questioned.

Morgan looked up before wiping her mouth with her napkin. "Actually, Joanna is going to take me." Morgan informed me.

"Oh." I responded. "Okay." I shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

What the fuck does Joanna think she's doing? The whole reason I brought Morgan back here was To bring us closer not to build their fucking friendship.