In which they write letters

Hubert later told Bellamy he couldn't go in the spring vacation, His parents wanted him home. It had been long since he had been back, about half a year.
Bellamy said it was alright and that he maybe could come another year. His mother had said he was always welomed there and that it didn't need to be for long.
Hubert was pretty sure his parents wouldn't allow that and, to be honest, he was a bit afraid to ask, but he thought about it. Maybe when he got older, so his parents somehow suddenly wouldn't check up on him and see he was in the Green vine valley.

Johan was also going home this year, he was having an easy time with homework and therefore decided some relaxment time was fine. August, their father, said he shouldn't suddenly slack, which Johan of course promised he wouldn't. 
And their parents trusted Johan after all.

It was going to be a long weeks holiday, but Hubert had at any rate, with permission from his brother, given Bellamy Johans adress so they could write letters. Else it would go straight to his parents when the post came, and he didn't want that. Imagine his father finding a letter adressed from the green vine-valley to him... he would have a awkward and uncomfortable conversation. Johan had his own mailbox, he had getten it ever since their father had opened a personal letter. He said he wanted some privacy, and then he had gotten his own mailbox.
Johan said he owed him one, as he delivered every letter without ever reading one.

The first letter he ever recieved was in a brown convolute with messy handwriting. Probably because Bellamy was left handed. He had even used pink ink to write it.

" Dear Hubert

How are you doing? If this work, it'll be really neat to write to you! I haven't written a lot of letter before, just so you know, so i'm not sure how to send one. My father helped me though, he said he used to write when the war was out.
Thank you for helping out picking Clea's beadnecklace, she loves it! You have a really good sense of jewelry and clothing i think.
My mother and father", there was a small sqeezed 'and Clea', "wants me to greet you too! Also greet your brother from me! Marin said not to tell you, but i'm going to say it anyway, he said that your brother is stupid and that his hair is weird. Then he asked how you even get your hair sat like that. I wonder that too, really, how do you do it?

see you!
Bellamy",

Hubert's wrinting on the other hand was neat and clean, as he had learned it from his mother that way;

"Hello dear Bellamy

I'm doing fine, what about you? I'm glad Clea liked the gift, you did use a lot of time for it too, it was not only my work.
My Brother decided to writte a personal letter to your brother explaining that he'd gladly set his hair for him if he wanted and that it's a special hair product. It's not that difficult, besides, you avoid having hair in front of your eyes. I'm looking forward to see you after the holiday, Johan suggested that we should use a tunnel under the ground that he and some comerades found. Apparently it leads from the north wing and directly to the south wing. I thought it sounded pretty promising, but i'm sure my brother will arrange something stupid. It's just like him. 

with greetings, 
Hubert",

Honestly most of them was simply about chitchat and the weather, but as it worked well, they decided to use it for the summer vacation too. It would be funtional when they didn't have time nor oppertunity for visits.
It seemed like Bellmay didn't know about the tunnel that ran under the school, maybe they really could use it. He wondered why Johan knew though... But then again, his brother wasn't the type to chat about what he did, he was a bit mysterious.

"Dear Hubert

My brother found out about the letter your brother wrote to him and he's upset. He thinks Johan will harm him when they go back to school and says that he will not write him back, nor have his hair done by him. I got my hair cut shorter (not much tho) and My Father got a haircut too. He was really sad about it in the start. Now he's used to it though, it's because my mother is so good at it! She even wrote a book about trending hairstyles for fairies through the years. I don't know why she isn't a hair stylist.

Bellamy",

" Dear Bellamy,

I saw your mothers book at the book store last saturday, it's the one called 'Fairy hair everywhere, any time', right? My mother said she read it, but i'm not sure  she liked it. She reads a lot of books.
Tell your brother he had nothing to fear, Johan isn't mad, he said he wrote another letter saying that he wasn't angry and that he was sorry for seeming that way, atually he's flattered.
He's a weird brother.

Hubert",

Hubert was not sure how he felt. On the one side he was looking forward to holiday, on the other way, it would be a bit boring. But a lot could change over the summer. Maybe ssomething really exciting would take place.