Chapter 25

Okay to start off.....I am so extremely sorry for not updating this story!!! I had major writers block and couldn't think of one good idea for this story until today!! Yes I wrote this in the span of like two hours and I'm surprised at myself. I even made it extra long to make up for my absence!! Please enjoy this chapter and vote, follow and comment!!! Oh and beware the evil cliffy!!! :) ENJOY!!

Chapter 25

Kai's POV-

We arrived at the border of Tea's homeland that night. Everything was in ruins. Smoke filled the sky making everything look hazy.

"Where would we find her?" Zin asked me, quietly as if people would hear us.

The only thing was no one was around. It was a barren wasteland. Trees were burnt to crisps, houses and shops were nothing but rubble and burning wood. The castle was in the distance, nothing but an abandoned fortress.

"Our home..." Phillip whispered, looking around the village as we walked the path towards the castle.

People walked around the rubble slowly, searching through it for lost family or friends. We passed by a woman sitting on the step of what used to be her front porch holding the body of a little boy in her arms. Blood oozed down the side of her head and I swallowed, averting my eyes.

"How could people do such a thing to innocent people?" Zin whispered.

I shook my head.

"I don't know Zin. I don't know." I whispered back.

We all fell silent and stayed that way until we got to the gate of the castle. Smoke drifted to the dark sky from the castle and we all looked at each other in quiet sadness.

I really felt bad for these guys. They all lost their home. This would take them years to rebuild and still they wouldn't be able to forget what happened.

Phillip walked forward and opened the gate. Zin walked forward and I walked forward and stopped right before stepping on the castle's land.

"I can't go any farther." I whispered, looking down at Galatea.

"What? Why?" Phillip asked.

"Because of what I am. I'm forbidden from going in there." I answered.

"Oh no. You are not stopping here. You're going to get your butt in that castle even if it kills you and you know it." Zin said.

"It just may kill me Z." I said.

They both looked at me and Phillip walked forward, placing his hand over my heart. I looked at him weirdly; about to ask him what he was doing when he said something in witch tongue then in English.

"Under the protection of the King and Queen, I give you permission to enter our lands." He said.

Then he backed away from me and smiled. I walked through the gate slowly, closing my eyes and waiting for some type of electric shock or something but nothing happened. I opened my eyes and Phillip and Zin laughed at me.

"Come on guys. We're running out of time." I said and we all headed into the castle.

-----

The inside of the castle was just as bad as the outside. Maybe even worse than the outside. Things were still burning slowly, bodies of staff lay around, some still alive.

Zin stopped every time we found someone alive and healed them as much as he could with the help of Phillip. I learned that lightning was in fact a great healing source.