Chapter 26

So this chapter is a weird one. I'm sorry about the multiple POV switches but I felt that was the only way I could get everything that was going on explained so....and this chapter, in my opinion is an extremely weird one and it was difficult to write. I even started tearing up while writing in Kai's POV...oh let's not ruin it now!! Please vote, comment and follow!! OH AND ENJOY :) P.S.~ The song over there is My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson and I listened to that song on repeat while writing this whole chapter because it fits the chapter perfectly. :) Enjoy.

Chapter 26

Kai’s POV-

I slowly made me way out of Tea’s room, crying my eyes out like a girl. But I didn’t care.

I made my way out into the hallway only for my knees to collapse from underneath me. I couldn’t even bother to stand anymore. She was gone.

My heart was literally a million tiny pieces in my chest.

I laid my head on the floor and yelled at the top of my lungs as the tears kept falling. Amnita leaned down to trying and help me up but I shook her off.

“Kai baby come on up ya go.” She whispered.

I shook my head no and sobbed.

“She’s gone.” I choked out.

Everything went silent as I just sat there on the floor, going completely numb. My head emptied of all rational thoughts and I sat myself up slowly. Phillip and Zin were standing in front of me. I stood up on my own and started to walk away from them.

“Wait. Kai!” Zin yelled when I got too far away.

I turned around and looked at them both blankly.

“Where are you going?” Phillip asked.

A tear slid down my cheek.

“Home.” I whispered, before shifting and running out of the castle.

I ran through the kitchen and into the backyard, passing by the spot where Tea and I had first met.

My heart broke some more.

I ran into the forest and every time I closed my eyes little pieces of our first encounter played in my head. I howled and ran faster towards my clan. I got there within five minutes, shifting when I got to my house.

My parents were sitting in the living room and I stormed through the house, going straight to my room and slamming the door shut.

--------

It’s been a week since I got back to my village. Everyone’s been worried sick about me and they should be. I’ve been going crazy in my head.

There hasn’t been any word on Galatea.

I stared at my wall from where I sat on my bed. My parents have tried multiple times to come in, make me eat, go somewhere, do something. But I haven’t moved an inch.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door.

“Kai it’s your father. Open the door.” My dad said.

I didn’t move from my spot on the bed. He sighed and slid an envelope under my door.

“The post-rider just brought this for you.” He whispered and walked away.

I turned my head towards the envelope and stared at it. I could tell from the emblem on top that it was from the Maverly kingdom. My stomach dropped and my heart ached; what was left of it anyway.