Chapter 14 & Important Notice

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!~~ This is the last update of any of my stories for the next two weeks!! I'm being forced to go up to Michigan and I cannot bring my laptop! I will try to update from a computer up there but I can't promise you guys! I WILL write a lot while up there though I can promise you that!! Please enjoy guys! Thanks!!

Chapter 14

"Are we almost there yet?" Kai asked again.

I sighed and shook my head.

"If you ask me one more time I'm going to punch you in the face." I growled, turning around and glaring at him.

He threw his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry..." He mumbled.

I sighed and turned back around, continuing forward. He sighed and I rolled my eyes. Lazy werewolf.

"I heard that." Kai said from behind me.

I looked back, confused.

"What are you talking about? I didn't say anything."

He furrowed his brows and stared at me.

"What do you mean? You called me lazy!" He objected.

I stopped and stared at him.

"I didn't say that out loud!" I yelled.

He pointed at me.

"Aha! So you did say it!"

"I did not!"

"Did too"

"Did not!"

"Did too!!!"

"Fine!" I yelled.

"I thought it but didn't say it out loud. You must have been reading my mind or something." I answered, turning back around and continuing on.

I heard his running footsteps behind me.

"But....I can't read minds." He said quietly.

I shrugged.

"Look all I know is that we have to get to where we are going and we need to get there before sunrise. Got it? We're almost there too so..." I said, trying to get him to hush up so I could think.

It worked because after I said that not a sound was heard from him. I bit my lip and thought about what had just happened. How could he know what I thought? I didn't say that out loud so somehow he read my thoughts. I didn't send him a message in my head. How are we even able to do that anyway? I mean I'm a witch. I should only be able to do that with witches and wizards. Same with him. He should only be able to do that with werewolves. It makes no sense unless..... I glanced back at him and found him watching me carefully. I snapped my head back forward. No, there is no way he's the one from the prophecy.

Just no way.

He doesn't have a great heart! He's a jerk.... But then again.... I shook my head.

"Tea?" Kai's voice said behind me.

I smiled a small smile.

"Yes Kai?"

"Um.....I have an idea of how we can get there faster and before sunrise." He said quietly.

I turned around, stopping in the middle of wherever we were in this huge forest.

"And what's that?" I asked.

He smiled at me and suddenly there was a crunch sound. I watched in horror as Kai shifted into a werewolf. When he had completely shifted I took three steps backwards. He looked....scary. He was huge and black. During the day, he would stick out like a sore thumb in the snow barren woods but during the night time, he would be completely shadowed by the darkness. He got up from where he lay on the ground and started walking towards me. Every step he took towards me, I took two away.