The Realization

BACK AT THE TEMPLE

"Steven! Time to get up! You've slept in late this morning!" Pearl shouted up the stairs from the kitchen. She heard nothing in response. "Steven! Wakey Wakey!" Amethyst said, a bit confused, as Steven would respond the first time pearl told him to wake up. Pearl started to walk up the stairs, seeing Steven sleeping in his bed with the sheet over his face. "Common sleepy head." She said, poking the blanket. Still no response. "Alright Steven this isn't fu-" SHe said freezing as she pulled up the blanket, seeing that is was only a numerous number of pillows. Pearl giggled, thinking Steven was playing a joke. "Alright steven, come out wherever you are," She said passively. The room fell silent. "Common Steven! I want breakfast!!" Amethyst echoed out. "Where is he..." Pearl said, Looking around. "Steven! Common stop this its not funny!" Pearl shouted through the temple. Still no response. Pearl started to get frustrated. Amethyst shrugged and walked over into the fridge. "He might not be here, Where did you see him last?" She said, shuffling around in the fridge, moving the milk to the side and seeing the note, picking it up. "He might've ran off with Connie again, they have been hanging out a lot recently..." Pearl said, looking around Steven's room. "But it's not like him to just run off like that.." She said, looking down at Amethyst. "P-pearl!?" Amethyst said a bit in a scared tone. "What?" Pearl asked, hopping down to the place where amethyst was. She handed Pearl the note, Pearl reading it out loud. "Hey you crystal clods... Ive got your little steven and his little friend. come find me if you can if you.... want them to live..." Pearl read, her voice craking between sentances. They both froze for a momment. "Peridot..." ameythest said frustrated and also scared. "Garnet! STEVEN'S BEEN KIDNAPPED!" Pearl said, running to the temple door, Garnet immedietly coming out. "What?" She asked. Pearl handed Garnet the note, reading it to herself. Her grip on the note got tighter as she finished reading it, eventually taking it and ripping it in half. "We have to find them. NOW." Garnet yelled. Pearl and ameythest nodded, having a few tears in their eyes. "If she layed a finger on either of them..." Pearl said, readying her spear started messing with the pod on the bottom of the floor.