_chapter 16_

"and I'm the rich one." Louis exclaimed, parking outside the gate, near the sidewalk.

Just when he turned the car off, Alex imidiettly got out and ran towards the gate. I opened the door and stepped outside "Alex!! Come say goodbye!"

He turned back and gave Louis a firmly handshake.

"you can go now. I'll stay here a bit longer kay?"

"Don't worry, I won't tell Ralph about your new boyfrieeeend!" he screamed as he opened the door next to the gate and disappeared from our sight.

"your brother knows it all huh?"

Louis was leaning on the left side of the car and I was standing on the sidewalk, in front of him. I wanted to be a bit closer, but I just didn't know if I should.

"maybe im not going out with Niall." He crossed his arms in front of his chest and smirked. "I've been thinking about it and it's a bit rushed. He's pratically a stranger to me." I explained.

I was waiting for him to motivate me to go and tell that Niall was a great guy, but instead, he smiled and climbed onto his car.

"c'mon then. im going to take you out for dinner."

"why?"

"because.. i want to have dinner with you."

Was it a date? Did I just got out of a date with Niall and already was going out to have dinner with Louis?

Yes I did.

"dinners and cinemas are not my thing. I prefer things a bit more... original."

"Alice! Did it take you that long to text me or call me telling me where you have been?! I was worried!" I watched mum walking towards me and hugging me tight.

She noticed Louis. A bit of confusion showed up on her eyes as she furrowed her brows, her eyes moving from him to me.

"mum, this is Louis. Louis, this is my mum."

Watching my mum greeting Louis was awkward. She knew who he was and she didn't look very happy about it. I knew we would have a conversation about him later by her face.

"me and louis are about to go out and have dinner."

"if you don't mind of course, miss Lee." Louis said.

She looked at the ground, tucking her hair behind her ears. Oh no. My father again. "No, I don't mind at all. If you want to have dinner here, just suit yourself. We have lots of food and a big-"

"we prefer to go dinner someplace else, don't we Louis?" I asked, looking at Louis, with hopes he'd say yes.

He understood what I intended and nodded.

I got that mum wanted to appear rich enough just to impress Louis. Well, she doesn't know him. One thing I really know is that he likes my company for the person I am, not because I have a big dinner room or I have that ultimate whine bottle thing that appears on TV.

I didn't want him to know that I had money. I wanted him to know who I was for being myself.

"I won't be home late." I hugged mum once more, before I occupied the passenger's seat.

"ill take care of her." Louis said smiling to my mother, before we pulled out of the street.

I turned the radio on and got my vans off, pulled my knees to my chest and enjoyed the ride looking through the window. Just how I love car rides.

"I'm sorry for calling your mother miss Lee. Just tell her I'm sorry please." Louis said, regret in his expression.

"It's alright, she didn't take it personal, I think. And I'm sorry about my mother. She-she was just trying to make you feel..." I stopped. I didn't know what my mum was trying to make him feel exactly. Maybe comfortable, but on the other end he was really uncomfortable, I could tell. I could see by the looks he gave me and the way his legs switched places in between two seconds.