15.

Tuesday Morning..

Candy looked around the room with discomfort while Egypt helped her unpack her belongings. She didn't understand why she was limited on how much and what type of clothing he bought with her. Granted they did provide her with pajama pants and slippers to wear around the facility. This place is really going to kill my damn vibe. She thought to herself while rolling her eyes.

"Are you sure you don't want anything to eat? I can go to the cafeteria right now." Egypt offered with a smile. It was so quiet since they got to the rehab she was just looking for a conversation.

"I told you I'm fine. E when I get hungry I'll go myself." Candice replied with a bored tone. Picking up the small pile of T-shirts she walked over to the small dresser and placed them inside of the top drawer.

"What about your meds. ?" Egypt continued. "You know you aren't supposed to take them on an empty stomach, especially once you start the withdrawal stage."

"E for real. Shut up I'm fine damn." Candy snapped while slamming the drawer shut. Ever since she woke up all she heard was a bunch of medical terms, and people constantly repeating what she read on the rehabs program info. She was honestly ready for everyone to shut the fuck up.

"I'm just trying to make sure you're okay."

"Well don't." She sighed. "I'm going to get enough of that. Right now I just need some damn quiet. Please."

"You know you didn't have to come here if you didn't want to." Egypt bluntly expressed. "You could have kept your ass on the streets and I could have kept my money." As soon as she said that Candy popped her head up giving her younger sister her full attention.

It was the first time she had really looked her in a week. with the injuries she had gotten, candy was uncomfortable with anyone seeing her really, but especially Egypt. all she had done was treat and look after her like she was a little infant. But this time she saw the irritation in her face and felt the resentment. She instanty started to feel bad. Her YOUNGER sister had coughed up eight hundred dollars to get her into this place and she was being a bitch. At the time when she agreed to coming here she just saw it as a place to stay and be safe away from Dwayne. She knew she was expected to comer leave here a different person than she came but she sure she could do that. Not without accept that she had fucked everything up and really did have a drug problem.

"Just forget it." Egypt rolled her eyes and grabbing her purse. "I gotta go."

"E wait. I didn't mean to-" it didn't even matter. She continued out the room leaving her sister there in her thoughts.

*

*

"Makel. This is a normal process. Remember what we talked about before we started the treatments." The doctor tried to explain.

"Na mayne." He shook his head unconvinced. "She been throwing up non stop for damn near a half hour and you over here try a tell me that this shit is normal. I ain't fuckin wit this shit no more."

"It's her body and immune system adjusting to the treatment. The more we keep--"

"More? Like keep going? An doc. You gotta find some new shit because this stops today. She can't even move around in bed what makes you think she can go to another floor and sit in that damn chair. " makel looked over his shoulder once he heard movement in the room. He hated to hear his grandmother in any type of pain and was uncomfortable for her.