4.

4:00 AM Monday Morning

Egypt stood in her bathroom staring at herself in the mirror. Not only did she have a small knot on the back of her head, but she had a deep bruise on her right cheek and her bottom lip was slightly split. It had been hours since Dwayne had attacked her and she locked her self in her apartment, but she still stayed terrified and alert with random weapons surrounding her. Hell, the dude had a gun and threatened to rape her she needed to be ready to defend herself this go around.

"Sss. Shit." She hissed as she pressed the bag of ice against her head and searched for the alcohol and some pads. The bruise on her face looked as if it would soon travel near her eye before it got better. There was no way she could go to school like this but where was she suppose to go? Makel hadn't answer any of the calls or texts she sent him and neither did Candice. Where the hell was her sister? And what the fuck did she get herself into? Was she alright? What if Dwayne had gotten to her after he left here? Maybe i should go to the cops in the morning.

Knocking at the door snapped Egypt out of her thoughts causing her to drop the ice bag into the sink. She was a little hesitant at first and chose to stay where she was gripping the big kitchen knife and ice pack. Although the knocking continued she stayed in front of the bathroom door not prepared to move. Soon the sound of keys and the locks fiddling gave her the assurance and courage to bolt for the door and immediately open it up.

Expecting to come face to face with Candice, Egypt was someone disappointed but relieved when she looked up at Makel standing in the hall with his spare key. "What the hell happen to ya door?" He questioned letting his gaze travel to the knife in his best friends trembling hand and turned his face up in confusion. That instantly turned into anger when he rested his eyes on her bruised cheek and split lip. "What the fuck happened to ya face?!" He yelled slamming the door behind him causing her to flinch in fear. "I know Candy ain't do that shit to you?" He asked in suspicion looking around the apartment.

"N-No. It wasn't her." She sighed trying her best not to stutter.

Gazing back at her trembling hand Makel sighed and snatched the knife from Egypt. "Man chill out, aint nobody finna do nothing to you. Now tell me what happened to your face." He requested lifting her face by her chin causing her to wince in pain.

"This man, he was looking for Candice." She said barely over a whisper. "She bought him home a few nights ago and then came into some money and now he's looking for her."

"That shit she said was a loan?"

"Yeah. She told me he gave it to her when we were at the mall." Egypt informed. "Kel i think she stole that money from him."

"No shit." He mocked causing her to turn her face up at him. This is not what Egypt needed right now. "Don't look at me like that E, everybody know how Candy get down. You just choose to act dumb about the shit. Ma nigga look at your fucking face. Look at your door. That nigga could've done worst!"

Immediately Egypt began crying, as she thought about how Wayne threatened her with his gun. Walking over she wrapped her arms around her best friend with her face buried into his chest and cried the hardest she had in a long time.

"Chill out E, you good now." Makel comforted with his arms around her as well. "We gonna stay up here tonight. I got you." He continued to whisper soothing words until he felt her calm down a bit. The last thing he needed was her having a panic attack on him. They were soon interrupted by the sound of the door opening causing both of them to jump in attention. Egypt in fear and him standing in front of her ready to beat the shit out of who ever stepped through the door.

Candice stumbled through the door in a drunken order and wore a big smirk on her face when she saw Makel and Egypt standing in the middle of the room. She always thought something was going on between them but played along with their friendship routine. Hell if Makel was a few years older she'd probably try and see what he was about. Her smirk immediately disappeared when she saw the pissed look on his face and Egypt barely peeking from behind him.