10.

Egypt hated hospitals!

She despised everything about them. The way it looked. The funny way it smelled. How cold it was. Everything about it screamed death!

Sure she was afraid and uncomfortable but what Egpyt hated most about hospitals were the staff. Doctors. They were meant to be healers but really weren't. They just let people die. They just let her die.

Lord knows Egypt couldn't go to that hospital. She didn't think she had it in her. But she had to. Kel needs me. Looking over at her best friend she could tell how nervous he was from how tight his jaw was clenched shut. Reaching over the arm rest she grabbed his hand and locked their fingers together. "I'm sure she's fine." She encouraged while giving him a faint smile.

It wasn't enough to get him to speak but Egypt noticed the muscles in his jaw relaxing. Keeping her hand locked to his she prayed that mama Royce was alright. As she silently asked her parents to look over her Egypt was bought back to their last moment together.

  Egypt couldn't believe they hadn't shown up. She took her final bow and made her way off stage in disappointment. They knew how important this show case was to her and they still got caught up in work.

"You were amazing E." Candice squeeled in excitement wrapping her arms tightly around her little sister. "I'm sure they would've been here if they could." She added once she noticed the irritation in Egypt's face.

"Don't sweat it." Makel smiled holding up the camera. "I got it all for them." Egypt started to tell him it wasn't the same but didn't want to sound like a brat. She was interrupted by the sound of the double doors opening and both her parents rushing in.

"Were so sorry baby." Her mother immediately apologized.

"This is the third time ma." She complained.

"We know sweet heart." Her father stated handing her a big bouquet of yellow roses. "We'll make it up to you. How about we all go out to celebrate and Makel here can show us what we missed?"