Eight: "So you like him?"

Niall drags me to some place with Nia, Missy, Bella, Troy, Daniel and Harry. Harry has his hands laid around Bella's waist. They're so cute together. Daniel just holds Missy's hand and smiles at her once in a while. Don't let me start about Troy and Nia because those two are just too cute together.

"So you guys finally show up too", Missy smirks.

"We just had to help Coach with something", Niall explains.

It's true we had to help Coach Patrick collect the footballs around the field. They always just leave the stuff laying around. We're about 20 minutes late.

"Oh, yeah, you had to help Coach Patrick", Harry now smirks at Niall and me.

We groan annoyed and I roll my eyes to give it a little more effect.

"Do you want to dance or something?", Niall asks.

"I'm not much of a dancer", I smile.

"Oh, come on, just a little bit", Niall grins.

"O-okay", I stutter.

Niall takes my hand and pulls me to the dance floor behind him. He just starts dancing, as I stand there awkwardly watching what others are doing. Some are grinding on each other and some just move their hips to the music, their hands all over the place. Niall nudges me with his elbow, as he sees me just staring at other people. I sway my hips to the music and smile. I just don't know how to dance and I can't dance at all. I'm as stiff as a pole. Niall soon can't see me embarrassing myself and pulls me towards him with his hands on my waist.

"Just lay your hands around my neck", he smiles.

I lay my hands in his neck and look at him.

"Now just move your hips to the beat of the music", he explains.

The dj puts Levels by Avicii on, so I start to move my hips. Niall does too, so soon we're actually dancing together. I close my eyes and let myself fall into the music. This is absolutely not my music taste but hey, why not? Niall lets go of my waist at some point, so I just dance to myself, as some other people do. Niall is still in front of me, I can tell because he has so much men's perfume on him. He smells like mint and cigarettes. After some more songs the dj finally plays some real music. He puts Disenchanted by My Chemical Romance up. Niall decides to do a slow dance with me, what I think is really cute of him. He smiles at me while he sways us from left to right.

"You look really beautiful tonight. I think your mom is right, you should wear dresses more often", he says.

"Uh... thanks, Niall. You look really handsome tonight", I smile at him, as I  blush a little bit.

He just pulls me closer.

*****

It's been about two weeks since Homecoming and it's mid-November. It's really cold outside. Niall and I became really good friends after Homecoming. We drive to school in the mornings and spend our lunch together with the team and my friends. Missy started dating Daniel and Bella is still forever alone like me. Missy mostly sits with Daniel and some of his friends at lunch but I don't mind. At least our usual morning meatup at her locker still exsists. I'm at this school for one month. The teachers hate me and I hate them, the usual routine. My 18th birthday is next week, so my mother allowed me to have a small get together at home with some friends.

"Hey, Max, do you want to come to my place today?", Niall asks, as I sit down in his car.

"Uhm... I would love to but my mother wants me to go shopping with her", i explain.

My mother wants to buy me dresses and skirts but I just want to go to hottopic and primark and get me some merch and jeans.

"Dresses and skirts, huh?", Niall smiles.

"Yeah", I gumble.

"Do you think your mother would allow me to come with you guys?"

"That would really be cool because my mother is so annoying at shopping", I groan.

Niall chuckles and smiles. We soon arrive at school and get out of the car. My attention is caught by a pink banner hung up on the school's fence.

Maxine Manning fucked a sausage.

I start to laugh along with Niall. My stomach hurts, as I laugh too long. Niall takes the banner off and throws it away.

"Amanda did a lame job this time", Niall laughs.

"Too good that no one believes it", I chuckle.

Niall and I leave each other, so we can go to our friends.

"Hey Max, did you see the banner?", Nia chuckles.

I nod.

"Missy, tell Max what you saw this morning", Bella grins.

"Okay, I was walking down the stairs at home and I overheard a conversation of him and my mom. He asked her how to ask a girl out. I think he likes you", Missy squeals.

I just give her an are-you-serious-look. Niall and I are only friends. We'll never be more. I'm not ready for dating now. I just can't handle a relationship now. School's hard at the moment. I have 2 tests evey week until Christmas break.

"You two would be really cute", Nia smiles.

"Niall and I are just friends. I can't handle a boyfriend at the moment."

"So you like him", Bella smirks.

"I like him as a friend", I answer.

"Okay, mhh", Missy says.

I just leave them and head to Maths class. Niall catches up with me, as I walk right past his friends and him.

"You look all pissy? What's up your ass?", he asks.

"My friends are just really annoying."

"What did they say or do?", he asks.

Should I tell him? If It's true, I would break his heart and shit but he should know the truth.

"They told me that you like me a lot and you would ask me out on a date some time soon and I just told them that I'm not ready for a boyfriend and don't have time for him. I really like you, Niall, but not in that way", I explain.

"Too good that I just like you as a friend, too", he smiles.

I have the bad feeling he's lieing to me and that I'm lieing to myself, too.