Twenty: "Phony."

Missy shoves us into the closet. I sit down on the floor. Niall does the same.

"So thanks for the shirt and beanie", Niall smiles.

"No problem. I didn't know what you wanted, so I just got you that stuff. Thanks for the necklace, it's really beautiful", I say.

"I thought you would like it", he grins.

I smile and look at my hands, play with my sleeves as always. My back lays against the wall behind me. Why is there always this silence between us, when we are alone? It's so awkward.

"On new years eve, we'll have a party again but at Harry's place. Would you like to come?", Niall asks after a few minutes.

"Yeah, I'd like to come to the party. Could you send me his adress sometime?"

"Surw, just make sure to remind me", he smiles.

"I will, I don't have a small brain like you", I laugh.

"Said the girl, who had a 75 in her mathstest, to the boy, who had a 95", he smirks.

"That was an accident", I say.

"Yeah, that's what you say."

"It's true. I didn't learn enough."

"That, my dear, is your problem. Maybe next time we should learn together", Niall says.

"Maybe."

"I like to spend time with you. You're funny and smart. You have a great sence in humor. I like when you slay people or even me."

"I like to spend time with you, too."

Suddenly the door opens. Missy and some others look inside the closet. Missy smirks at me and Niall but I just roll my eyes. Niall helps me up.

*****

Harold gives me a piece of bread, as I sit down on my chair. Tonight's the party at Harry's place. Harry and I get along pretty well.

"Good morning, Max. How do you feel?", Harold asks.

"I'm okay but my nose is bugging me", I sniffle.

"Are you still going to that party tonight, honey?", my mom asks.

"Yeah, I can't let them hang. I'm supposed to bring the music", I smile.

"You should take a shower before you leave. Your hair is a mess and you look like a zombie", Harold laughs.

"Thank you", I smile ironicly.

"Wear that hoodie I bought you on Christmas", my mom says.

"I will."

I smear some butter on my bread and put a slice of cheese on it. After I'm done eating, I go upstairs to take a shower and get dressed. It's already 4pm. I slept until 2pm but laid in bed about until 3pm. I've been sick since Christmas because Niall threw me into their pool. As soon as I'm showered, I take the hoodie my mother bought me. It's a black hoodie with a quote on it.

this was a present from my mom

It's not even funny but I'll wear it for my mother. To that hoodie I'll wear a pair of black vans and black skinny jeans. I wear a lot of black clothes but it's just my style. Of course I wear colorfull clothes sometimes but not all the time. Harry's place is not that far away from my place, so I'll walk over. Niall told me the last new years party went from 5pm to 6am the next day. I'll maybe drink a little alcohol but not that much. I really only drink alcohol, when it's new years eve. I should leave in 20 minutes because Harry wanted to see me earlier than the others, so we can set up everything. Nia and Troy will also come earlier. There are only going to be Amanda, Missy, Bella, Nia, me, Niall, Troy, Harry and Daniel there. Maybe Harry's older sister and her boyfriend, too, but Harry wasn't sure.

"Bye mom, bye Harold", I shout, as I leave.

They both let me go without any comment. I see someones car in front of my house. Niall smiles at me from the drivers seat. Why is he here?

"Come on, Max. I'll drive you", he says.

Amanda's not in the car, so I get in on the passenger side. Why does Niall have a new car? His old one was perfectly fine.

"Do you like it?", Niall smiles.

"What?", I ask.

"My new car? Do you like it?"

"It's cool but why do you have a new car? Your old one was okay."

"My parents gave it to me for Christmas. it's a BMW i8, an electronic car."

"This car is so expensive", I whisper.

"My parents are rich, so they can buy anything they want", Niall explains.

"Phony", I roll my eyes.

We get out at Harry's place. Harry opens up the door for us. He gives Niall a handshake and hugs me. He also kisses my head.

"How are you?", he asks.

"I feel okay but since Niall pushed me into the pool I'm sick", I sniffle.

"Sorry but I just had to", Niall laughs.

Harry laughs with Niall. We enter the kitchen and find everyone already there.

"Am I late?", I ask surprised.

"No, we always come way much earlier", Missy explains.

"Oh, okay."

Harry helps me set up the music. It's only 4:30pm but it's never too early to party. Niall and Amanda are already all over each other. Nia and Troy, too, and Daniel and Missy also. Why the hell does everyone need to make out when other people are in the room? It's just so disturbing and annoying. Bella, Harry and I just let them do what they want. We go to the living room.

"So how come you actually are friends?", Harry asks to start a converastion.

"Missy spilled water on Max. Missy brought her to our table. It was pure randomness", Bella explains.

I smile and listen to her and Harry talk to each other. Seems like they like each other a lot more than just friends. It's funny how everyone is in love or falling in love and I'm just sitting here alone, trying to survive High School and being a great female football player.