Fourty-five: "Did Michael tell you that?"

Missy and Luke force me to post a funny selfie of us with grimaces on Twitter. I look happy in the picture but in reality I'm broken. My heart is broken. I can't believe Niall broke up with me just like that.

"Guys, look. Niall commented under my Instagram picture", Missy says, sticking her phone out to Luke and I.

Have fun.

I can literally see him sitting in his bedroom, crying his eyes out but I don't understand, if he's crying his eyes out and feeling bad, why did he break up with me?

"Is it okay, if I come over to your place later and talk to him?", Luke asks Missy.

She nods. We're back in my room. The park was fun, we went on the swings and on the slide because we wanted to do something fun.

"I have to leave anyway, so let's go", Missy smiles.

We all walk to the front door. I hug them and close the door behind them. Luke gives me a kiss on the cheek before he leaves with Missy.

----------

Luke's P.O.V

Missy opens the door for me. She's so nice and beautiful.

"You need to go up the stairs. It's the first door on the left", she explains, walking into a different room.

I go up the huge staircase. Wow, Niall and Missy are pretty rich. That explains why Missy drives an expensive BMW and there are a Mustang and another BMW standing at the front. The whole house is white and the furniture is white, black and grey. Pictures of Niall, Missy and their mother hang on the wall. As soon as I'm upstairs, I knock on the door Missy instructed me. He doesn't answer but I enter anyway. I see Niall laying in his bed with jeans and his jersey on. Didn't he wear this on Friday? It's Sunday. He has a tissue in his hand and some laying scatered around his bed. His phone lays next to his face.

"Dude, I didn't know you look this bad", I speak up and walk over to Niall's bed.

His head turns to me.

"What do you want?", he asks with a raspy voice.

Missy told me he was crying and screaming all night long. I find a shattered lamp and a broken picture frame on the floor. He really liked her and he broke his and her heart within a second.

"Could you please explain why you broke up with her? I just don't understand this."

I sit down next to him on his bed. He sits up and takes a tissue, wiping under his eyes to rid the tears. I lay my hand on his shoulder supportingly.

"I love her, Luke. She told me that she loves me but I didn't answer. She can do better than me. Michael is perfect for her. He's going to be rich and their kids would have a great father", he tells me.

"Man, he cheated on her the whole time they were together. She may doesn't know this but I sure as hell will keep them apart from each other as long as I live."

Niall gives me a surprised look. Did Michael actually tell him that he's not worth of being with Max. He did that before to some guy because he wanted his girl. I won't let him take Max away from Niall because I know that Niall makes Max happy and the other way round.

"Did Michael tell you that?", I ask.

"I just asked him about it and talked to him about it and he agreed. He was very concerned about Max's future and I could tell that he still loves her", he says.

I shake my head. Michael and I will talk later and I'm sure that it won't end pretty.

"I can assure you that she's broken and she's crying out her eyes when Missy or I aren't with her."

Niall nods and blows his nose. I get up and walk to his closet to get him some new clothes. We need to get him cleaned up again. He needs to talk to Max.

"What are you doing?", Niall asks.

"We are going to get you into the shower and dressed into new stuff."

Niall shrugs and gets up, walking out of the room. I'm going to tell him that we're going somewhere and tie his eyes with a towel or something. I hear the shower turning on. I get a pair of black skinny jeans and a white v-neck with black Vans out for him to wear. I go search for Missy and find her in her bedroom.

"Hey, could I have your car?", I ask her.

"Sure, but please take care of it. Text me when Niall and Max are done with talking", she smiles, realizing what my plan is.

I nod and catch the keys she tosses me. Niall soon gets done with showering and changing into his clothes.

"Come on, we're going somewhere but you have to tie your eyes", I grin.

Niall shrugs and gets a small towel for me. We go out to Missy's car. Niall ties his eyes while I drive down the drive way.

"Okay, I'm done", Niall says.

"Good, I'm going to get out of the car and get something. When I knock on the window, you can look", I explain my plan.

Niall nods while we drive on to Max's house. Good that I remember the directions to there from Friday. As I knock on Max's door, my heart paces in my cheast. Max's mom opens the door for me.

"I need to get Max from her room. Could you get me a small towel?", I ask her smiling.

She nods, looking outside, seeing Niall sit in the car. I go to Max's room and find her crying on her bed. Why is everyone so depressed when they break up? Max looks curious. She wipes a tear away.

"I have a surprise for you", I smile, "but you have to tie your eyes."

Her mom comes to us with a towel in her hand. Max gets up from her bed and limps towards me. Her mom ties her eyes while I hold her hand.

"I'm going to place you in the car and when I knock on the window, you'll have to take off the towel, okay?", I ask.

"Okay."

I guide her to the car and open the door. She sits down in the drivers seat. Just let Niall and Max hold their mouths shut before I knock on the window. As soon as I close the door, I knock on the window. I hope everything will go good.