Thirty-eight: "Big girls don't cry..."

Niall throws himself onto my bed while I change my shirt and get on a black and white sweater. It's not like he didn't see me like this yet. Missy and Niall are having a get together today, so Niall drove me home to get some apropriate clothes. My mom is upstairs cleaning the house and Harold is working on his car because the tires need to be changed. Missy is here, too, but she's in the bathroom. When Missy comes back, she helps me put on my sweatpants. She holds one leg of the sweats down on my cast while I pull them up to my hips. I pull on my right shoe, the other just covered by a fluffy black sock and of course the cast.

"I hope it's comfortable like that", Missy smiles.

"It is but I hate wearing sweats all the time. I feel so broke", I laugh.

"That was the worst pun ever", Niall says from my bed.

He kisses my cheek, as he gets up, so we can leave and get Nia and Troy from their places. My mom is happy that I'm with Niall again but Harold is still a little pissed. I yell that I'm out until tomorrow and my mom shouts a small "okay" down the stairs. Missy, Niall and I move out of the house into Missy's car. I sit in the front with Missy because the space in the back is too small for my leg. We pick up Nia and Troy in no time, so we're at Niall's house in 20 minutes. We go inside.

"I'm getting something to drink for us all", Missy says, walking off to the kitchen.

I would love to help her but I can't. I have a appointment with my doctor on Monday. We'll do another x-ray of my ribbs and my leg and he'll tell me when it'll most likely be healed again. It could take six weeks to two months.

"So, how are you, Max? You look much better than last week", Troy says.

"I'm fine. The pain's just killing me when I lay down or sit. I stand a lot when I'm at home because it just really hurts otherwise. I still take pain killers but I've got an appointment on Monday", I answer.

"Okay but will you be able to play with us again? Maybe one or two games?"

"Maybe I'll be able to play one game but it really isn't clear yet", I tell Troy.

He nods. Nia kisses him slowly. We move to the living room. I feel Niall lay his hand on my back, so I stand and can't fall back. Missy comes back with some cups and a can of Coke on a small tray. She hands everyone their drinks. The doorbell soon rings, signaling Bella and Harry and maybe even Daniel. It's weird to see Missy without him. They don't do that much together anymore. Maybe they don't like each other that much anymore... I don't know and I won't be snooping around in their relationship. Niall gets the door, letting in whoever ringed the doorbell.

"Oi, mate, got a new haircut, I see", I hear Niall say to the guy at the door.

"Oh yeah, just needed a change", I hear Harry's voice.

"Bella", Niall says.

I can tell that he's smiling. They come to the living room soon. We greet each other. Harry and Bella both give me a hug. Harry's hair is now styled back at the front and the bottoms almost reach to his jaw.

"Missy, where's Daniel?", Nia asks.

Missy looks at Niall and then back at Nia. Her eyes lock with the floor after telling Nia that he's doing something with his friends and won't be coming since they're at a club and maybe will be there until tomorrow morning. I have the feeling something isn't that right in their relationship. Everyone's here except Daniel but he never really does anything with us. I just hope Missy breaks up with him some time soon, so she finds someone better than him.

*****

I feel Niall's hand wander up my left thigh. Harry and him are having a conversation about something with Bella. He's slightly drunk, really touchy and clingy. Nia and Troy are already making out. We played a few rounds of truth or dare, beer pong and did body shots on the boys. Niall got really jelous when I had to do one on Harry. Bella just laughed it off and Harry was okay with it. It's the only alcohol I drank tonight, some tequila can't kill. Missy went to her room about ten minutes ago and I'm starting to worry about her.

"Niall, I need to look after Missy", I tell him.

"No, Cutie, stay", he slurrs into my ear.

I shake my head and get up from the couch. Niall holds one of my legs, so I can't go.

"Niall, let go", I say.

"No, stay", he groans.

"Let her go, Niall", Harry speaks up, breaking the conversation of himself and Bella.

Niall lets my foot go. I stalk off on my crutches, jumping up the stairs to Missy's room on one leg, holding myself up with my crutches. As soon as I'm in front of her door, I hear loud music playing in her room. I knock on the door with my hand.

"Missy, open up. I need to talk to you", I shout a little.

She doesn't answer me but I can tell she can hear me by the loudness of my shout.

"Missy, I'm coming in now", I tell her and open the door to find her standing on front of the full body mirror with only her sweatpants and a bra on.

Her ribbs and her stomach are completely covered in bruises. I see she cried. Her red eyes and cheeks show me she must have cried a lot. When she turns away, so I can't see her face, I see her whole back is marked with red stripes and huge purple bruises. How in the world did she get those? I didn't see her get beaten up by someone at school or something.

"Missy, what's wrong? Please don't lie to me", I ask, feeling my eyes water a little at her sight.

"Daniel... It was Daniel", she says over the music playing.

"Big girls don't cry...", Fergie sings.