Twenty-six: "Who's Diana?"

"You're such an idiot", Nia laughs at me.

I just told her about how me and Michael once tried to get my mother to love his dad in grade 5 or something.

"I know", I grin.

Bella picks at her fresh pained nails. I tried my best on her but it didn't come out well. She's been trying to remove it for the last ten minutes. Missy gets a piece of cucumber and bites in it.

"So, I heard you and Niall kissed last night, Max. What do you have to say about it?", Missy smirks.

"What?!", Nia and Bella ask surprised.

I groan, as my cheeks flush with the red color I hate so much. Where does she know that from?

"Yes, we did. Now tell me who told you", I demand.

"Niall himself told me, as he explained me that you would stay here for a few days. And how was it? Did you feel good? Can he kiss? Did you feel The feeling in your stomach?", Missy stacks the questions.

"It was nice and he can defnitly kiss. He made my mind switch off and I felt like my stomach would explode from all those butterflies. I like him a lot", I smile.

Bella squeals. She smiles and gives me a thumbs up. Nia smirks and Missy does kissy-sounds. I hit Missy in the arm but she continues.

"I'll have to be home in half an hour", Nia smiles.

Missy stops the sounds.

"What? I thought you'll stay until nine", Missy nags.

"No, my parents need me at home. Bella will have to come with me, otherwise she won't have a way to get home since your car is at the mechanics place and Niall and your mom aren't here and her parents can't pick her up."

"Okay but next time we'll do the girls-day a little longer", Missy smiles.

The girls both agree, as we guide them to the door. We hug each other to say goodbye. After they're gone, Missy and I sit down on the couch in the living room with both a cup of tea in our hands.

"So, you and my brother, huh?", she smiles.

"It's complicated. I really don't know if he likes me or even wants to be with me", I say.

"Who started the kiss?", she asks.

"He did", I smile.

"See, he loves you, Max. You're just too blind to see it."

"I'm not. It's just, he makes me so happy and seeing him smile makes the butterflies go wild in my stomach. It's awkward talking about your brother", I admit.

"It's okay for me, I know how that is. The time Diana was still here, we used to talk about Niall all the time", she says her voice filled with sadness.

"Who's Diana?", I ask curious.

"Diana was Niall's first real love. They were both 15 and dated until they were 17 but Diana had problems with suicidal thoughts. One day Niall couldn't be with her. Diana used the chance, took the revolver of her dad and shot herself in the head. As soon as Niall heard about it, he broke down, crying and didn't go to school for a whole month. It was one and a half years ago. Niall hasn't dated anyone except Amanda in that time but you can't count Amanda in the real "in love" thing. Niall even wrote a song for Diana after she passed away", Missy explains.

"And what did she have to do with you?", I ask.

"Diana was my best friend with Nia and Bella. You even look like Diana but your eyes are green, hers were brown. she had the same brown hair and the same figure as you. She even had the same character as you, always talking back to boys and pretty soft on the inside. She was amazing. Maybe Niall loves you because you remind him of her", Missy wipes a tear away.

I hug her and rub her back in a soothing motion. I hope Diana is in a better place for her now.

*****

I throw Niall a glare, as we get to school. He bugged me to wear one of his sweaters. It reads Probably in a bad mood. Actually it's kinda funny because I am almost always in a shitty mood when I'm at school. It just reminds me of so much bad stuff that happened. As we enter our Maths class, we find no one from our class, only a elderly woman.

"Sorry, kids, there won't be Maths today. Your teacher is ill and we couldn't find a substitute", she speaks with a Britsh accent.

We thank her and leave to get out of the building.

"Where are we going?", I ask interessted.

"We're going to relax on the playground next to school", Niall smiles.

I follow him to the small playground. There are only two swings, monkey bars and a slide, not more. I call dibs on the left swing and throw my bag next to the slide. Niall does the same and sits on his swing. We begin to slowly rock back and fourth.

"So, do you have plans for tonight?", Niall asks, scratching the back of his neck.

"No but if mom and Harold won't let me, then I won't be able to get out of the house", I explain.

"And what if they let you go?"

"I would have time, yes", I smile.

"So, would you like to go out with me tonight? It's a surprise where we would go", he grins.

My heart flutters at his words.

"Yeah, sure", I say.

"Okay, I'll pick you up at six but you should eat before we go. Wear something comfortable."

"Okay", I smile.

I'm going on a date with Niall hottness overload Horan, who's my team mate and best friend. He almost knows everything about me.

"Do you like me?", I blurt out.

Niall gives me an irritated look when I ask that but then starts slightly laughing.

"Yes, you dork, I like you a lot", he smiles.

"I like you a lot, too", I say.

Niall smiles and swings a bit higher. I do the same. We sit there for another thirty minutes and talk about random stuff like football, our friends and even gossip a bit. Let's see how tonight will go.