Thirty-five: "You're too good for him."

Luke throws a pillow at me, making me laugh. Him and Harry sit on my bed while I try to do my homework. Harry came over because Bella wants to come by later. She's going to help me with some group work we have to do in History. Niall will be coming, too, but Luke swore that if he would be trying to touch me, he'd cut his fingers off and dip his head in acid. The presentation is about Napoleon.

"Harry, Luke! I need to get done with this before Bella and Niall come over", I tell them.

"Sorry but you really should just throw him out of your house. You don't need him, you have us. We can be your boyfriends", Harry jokes.

"No thanks. I'll just stick with my football", I smirk.

They both laugh. While I do my homework, Luke and Harry talk about some random stuff, seems like they get along pretty well. Suddenly Harry's phone goes off. He takes it and literally runs out of the room, taking the call. Luke and I just look after him very confused.

"I gotta go, tell Bella I'll pick her up at 5:30pm", Harry shouts, as he slams the front door closed.

"Okay", Luke says, laying down on my bed.

He closes his eyes. Usually when he used to be over at my house after school, he sang something to me when we were doing homework. It used to relax me.

"Luke? Could you sing something for me?", I ask, smiling to myself a little.

"Sure what do you want to hear?", he asks, sitting up instantly.

"I don't know just something you like."

He thinks about it a little while but then starts singing The Wall by Pink Floyd. I like this song but it doesn't talk to me like my Metal songs. Luke's voice is beautiful to listen to. I finish up my homework, waiting for Niall and Bella to come while I listen to Luke.

"Luke, promise me you won't start flipping tables", I say, as he stops singing.

"Okay, I promise but I swear, if he touches you, I'll be kicking him in the ass so bad", he tells me.

"Luke", I demand.

"Okay but I will give him a small lecture."

I just roll my eyes. It doesn't even feel that bad to be without Niall. It's just like a normal day. Maybe I really just didn't take this too serious. The doorbell rips me out of my small day dreaming. That must be Niall or Bella. Luke helps me up from my chair. We walk to the front door. I open it while Luke helps me stand on my one leg and my crutches. Niall's eyes lock with mine, as I stare at him. He just stares back. The feelings of what happened two days ago flood my body again. I feel how my eyes start to water. I need to talk to Luke now.

"Just go into my room, I need to get something from the kitchen with Luke", I say, jumping to the side, so he can walk past me.

Niall walks past me and through the hallway into my room. I motion Luke to follow me into the kitchen.

----------

Niall's P.O.V

They walk into the kitchen. I can tell she's broken, literally. She needs to know my version of the story and that right now, before she loses her feelings towards me. I need to know why she cheated on me with the guy from the Bulldogs. He said he fucked her in a bathroom stall before the game. Max was really gone for about twenty minutes, saying she needed to calm down. I was so in rage that I had to beat him up. And that I made out with that girl... and maybe had something with her in the school bathroom, just so she could feel the pain I felt. That was just revenge because I saw her before school... I know I'm a bad boyfriend.

"No Luke, you don't understand. It hurts to look at him and to know that he just cheated on me with that girl", I hear Max say to her friend.

I stand up from her chair and go to the door, so I can listen to what they're saying.

"Max! You need to show him how strong you are", he tells her.

"No, I'm going to fall for him, every fucking time I see him. My heart is shattered but every time I see him, it gets repaired, even with what he did to me."

It's not my fault that she cheated on me with that guy.

"He's a fucking male whore, Max. You're too good for him."

"Shut up, Luke. He is the right one and I don't care what you think about him. He makes me happy, even if he did cheat on me with that girl."

I can her something shatter. Oh no, what if Luke pushed Max or what if he threw something at her or what if she did that, so I run to the kitchen, seeing that Max just knocked down a glass with her crutches by accident. Luke and Max both stare at me with wide eyes. I just stare back.

"What are you doing?", Max asks.

"I though something happened, so I just wanted to look", I explain.

"And why were you that fast?", Luke asks curious.

"I am a fast runner", I tell him.

He just shrugs, going back to talking to Max. They talk about something while I pick up the shards of the glass.

"Oh, Niall, you don't have to do that, I'll pick it up later", Max says.

"You will pick them up?", I smirk.

She rolls her eyes, continuing to talk to Luke again. He gestures around with his hands while Max just stands there. I soon finish cleaning up, so I go back to her room. Now I realize that a huge teddy bear sits at the end of the bed with a balloon tied to it's paw with a "get well soon" wish on it. Wow, Luke, so cheesy. I can tell you want to take my girl away from me but I won't let you do that. I called dibs on her, so she's mine.