Fourty-four: "Come on, Max, have some fun."

Luke gives me a bottle of water while laying down on my bed next to me. It's 3am. Luke actually should be at the hotel with the boys but he was scared for me, so he's staying the night.

"I can't believe it. Niall made you so happy and you are his world. Him and me texted a lot and called each other since we met first. He told me how much he likes you and he wants to be with you", he exclaims, pulling the blanket over his legs.

I lay my head on his theigh and stare at the huge teddy bear Luke bought me. He really is one of the best friends ever. I let the tears slide onto the blanket while he streaks my hair. He used to do that when I was mad or sad at home in Texas.

"He really broke up with me", I whisper.

"But I think he'll regret everything sooner or later. Prom is in two months and I bet he doesn't want you to go alone. He's not going to be able to live without you anyway. Just the way he looks at you when you walk into the room or when you laugh at something. He already told me how cute he thinks it is that you scrunch up your nose and close your eyes. I just can't believe he doesn't love you anymore. He'll regrett it soon. Now we just have to make sure you survive the time."

I nod slightly and close my eyes. It's only two and a half months of school. Finals are in one month and people are already stressing about it. I'm going to start learing in a week or so. It's enough time.

*****

My mom comes into my room. She looks at me quite sorry while I lay on my stomach on my bed. The door opens completely to reveal Missy. I smile and sit up.

"Hey, Max", she says, my mom closing the door behind Missy.

"Hi."

She sits down on my bed by my legs. When I look at her, her eyes remind me of Niall's. They have exactly the same eyes.

"He's crying his eyes out at home. He didn't come out of his room and it's Sunday. Last night he was screaming at the top of his lungs. My mom was in there and she told me that he's just laying on his bed, crying, still wearing the clothes he wore at the party. My mom also said he's a complete mess and he's really suffers from his decision", Missy tells me, rubbing my cast.

"Oh."

I look down at my phone and see the lockscreen of a selfie that shows Niall and I sitting on his bed, him kissing my cheek while I scrunch up my nose and close my eyes, laughing. I lock my phone instantly.

"I don't know what he thought about this. Everything was okay and then, boom, he just broke up with you", Missy explains.

I shrug and play with Niall's jersey. He gave it to me sometime because he thought I should have something from him forever.

"I don't want him to think that I could do better. He's the best I could have. He's the person who makes me happy every day. He makes me smile all day. Whenever I see him, I just want to jump into his arms and kiss him all day long", I say, looking back at my phone screen again but this time smiling.

"He's a little insecure. It's a phase in relationships every boy has, even Harry had one when he first got together with Bella but he realized that he was stupid and rediculous. The only thing you shouldn't do now is post happy pictures and selfies on Instagram, Twitter and elsewhere or Niall will think you don't want him anymore."

I nod and pull the blanket over my legs again. Luke was here until 6am yesterday and said he'd come by at 1pm today, just like Missy. Unlike her, Luke's running late again. That boy, I tell you. Missy takes off her jacket and shoes and throws the into the corner with my stuff. She's wearing a t-shirt and sweats, just like she always does when we're together. I scoot to the side, so she can lay down beside me. The doorbell rings just before Missy sits down.

"I can get it", she exclaims, already running down the hallway to the front door.

She rips it open with all her power, so the door squeeks a little. I hear her jump into someones arms and squeel a little. That could be Luke. He walked here from the hotel. It's about a 30 minute walk. Missy really likes him and I know that Luke has a slight interest in Missy, too, so why not? The two of them come to my room talking about something. They didn't have the chance to talk to each other that much, so now they have a little more time to talk. I get up from my bed and wait for Luke to come over and hug me like he usually does. He gives me a tight hug and picks me up slightly, spinning me around.

"Hey, beautiful best friend", he smiles, letting me back down.

"Hi, tall ass boy that can sing and I get to call you my best friend", I say, sitting back down on my bed.

We laugh quickly before they both sit down with me.

"What do we do now?", Missy asks.

I just want them to distract me from Niall and our break up, so I would like to go outside or something.

"Could we go outside? Maybe the park or Starbucks or something", I suggest.

"Paparrazzi will follow us everywhere", Luke explains.

"I don't care", Missy and I say at the same time.

Luke just laughs and gives me my single Vans sneaker from the floor, so I can get it on. Missy gets some jeans for her from my wardrobe. I pull a sweatshirt over my top and get my shoe on. Luke passes me my phone and my money. We leave the house within the next ten minutes. We take Missy's car because Calum has the rented car and I'm still not allowed to drive with my brace. Luke sits in the front with Missy, which gives them the power to decide what music we listen to. Missy turns up some Rihanna. I groan, as both of them start singing to Work. I don't like Rihanna that much, espacially with Drake, so I try to blend out a bit.

"Come on, Max, have some fun", Luke shouts, turning the music up louder.

I smile a little but just roll my eyes at them. We arrive at Starbucks soon. Luke takes my hand in his and gives me an assuring smile. He gets my order and pays for Missy and me. I just get a Vanilla Hot Chocolate. Luke got a Vanilla Frappuchino and Missy got herself some low fat and sugar reduced coffee. We let Missy's car stay on the Starbucks parkinglot while we go to the nearby park. It has a playground with kids playing at it and a picknick area. We sit down at the picknick area at a table and drink our Starbucks.

"It's nice to be back with you two. Tour was really stressing out the boys and I", Luke says.

"I really missed you guys. It's nice to be back to normal", I smile.

"Well, not that normal", he throws in, pointing to a few photographers.

Missy and I both turn towards them. That's probably kinda annoying for Luke to be followed everywhere he goes. We take a few selfies and post them on social media, me on Instagram. I go to Niall's profile in the progress and see a broken heart emoji in his bio and the date we got together, Febuary 14th. He didn't delete our pictures but changed the captions to sad quotes. I miss him. I miss him a lot.