Chapter 1-All I need is you

Age: 7

"Mom, where is dad going?"

"He's going on a trip honey."

"When is he coming back?"

"Not for a long time." She said with venom in her voice

Age: 11

It was kind of cold and the wind made me shiver a little, waiting for the school bus come. I hated winter mornings, they were the most awful thing that god has ever created, besides the broccoli. I cupped my hands around my mouth and exhaled as I tried to warm my hands but they would just get cold again.

Suddenly hands covered my eyes. "Guess whooooo?" An unrecognizable voice sang out

"Someone I don't know?" I answered jokingly

The hands rejected and I turned around to see some kid probably my age. "Close enough. I'm your new neighbor" He grinned, than he dug into his backpack and fished out some mittens and matching scarf. "And..." He went back into his back and pulled out a coffee. "My mom got this for you".

I looked down at the coffee and then back at him and couldn't resist a smile. "You sir," I pointed at him. "Know how to make a friend, I'm Leo."

The boy beamed. "Just, call me Kay"

"And, what does that stand for?"

"That would be a secret."

I took another sip of my coffee and hummed happily. Thank the gods for bringing such sweet coffee to me. The bus came and Kay followed at I got on. I found my seat fast on the packed bus while Kay was still looking around.

"You can come sit by me." I smirked as he sits down.

"Thanks." He smiled

There was a lot of conversation and most were the girls screaming about the sexy new kid, of course it would seem I'm invisible. I quietly sip on my cold coffee, god this was the most delicious coffee ever and I would swim in this stuff when I get rich and famous. When we got to school, Kay was immediately famous, girls gathered around him asking him about his past and such, guys asked if he played any other sports but for some strange reason he stuck to me.

"Leo?" He questioned

I stared blankly into my locker, still thinking if I'm being punked by MTV or something.

"Leo is every-"

"Why are you still hanging with me?" I ask concern all over my face.

"Because you're my friend." He answered simply

"But your popular now."

"Yeah, you're my friend though and my neighbor so it would be quiet weird if I start bullying because I'm popular and I still have to get off the bus with you."

"That does make sense with our moms being friends and all." I grinned

School went on like this for the rest of the day, people competed for his attention and I for one simple reason. I'm his friend. After school we get back on the bus and were headed back home and went our separate ways. The homework was sort of boring but once I was done, I played Halo 4 up until the doorbell rang. 'Who dare mess with the game time of Leo the great' I thought to myself as I walk towards the door. When I open it Kay's right there with a shy grin on his face.

"My mom kind of kicked me out." He was still looking at the ground.

"Do you wanna hang out then?" I asked with a smirk on his face