chapter 3

Camila's POV

I kept running for what felt like hours. A blizzard was supposed to come tonight but I had nowhere to take Tyler and I.

I had no family, they all either died or dropped off the face of the earth. I left home when I was only 16, met Austin and one year later had Tyler.

Austin has been hurting me since I can remember. I know I should've left him for the sake of Tyler, but I had absolutely nowhere to go. The hardest part was when Tyler would always ask why I had so many bruises every time Austin would come home. I never knew what to say so I just kept it at " Oh, I slipped on ice." He would raise his eyebrow like I always do and let it go. For a three yet old, he is a pretty smart kid.
----
I felt Tyler start to shake when the snow started to fall from the sky. "Mommy, I'm cold."

"I know baby." I saw a corner store and decided to stop there and sit underneath the room to keep the snow away.

"C'mere little bug." I pat my lap and Tyler comes and crawls into it. Tyler won't stop shaking and I can see him started to get blue lips. It's so terrifying that I have absolutely nothing that I can do. I finally feel something warm but it's only familiar hot tears running down my cheeks.

"Don't cry mommy." Tyler says while cuddling up to me more.

"Okay baby, I won't." I sniffle and pull him closer.

I suddenly see a shadow cascade across the sidewalk of someone. I look up to meet a girl with piercing emerald eyes.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" her raspy voice asks in a concerned tone. She has dark brown hair that could almost pass for black, a big Eskimo coat on and jeans.

"Uhhh, I would be lying if I said yes." I shiver barely making out the words.

Sadness is in her eyes as she sees me holding Tyler for dear life.

"Do you guys need a place to stay? I mean only for the night if it makes you uncomfortable."

"No, no it's-"
"I'm not taking no for an answer." She says firmly cutting me off.

I nod and pick up Tyler.
"My car is right over here." she points to her car and opens the door for us. Still holding Tyler I don't let him go in the back seat, this way he can get warmer faster.

The girl with emerald eyes gets in the drivers seat and turns the heat on. I've never been so happy to feel warmth. I sigh in pleasure and rub Tyler's head.

----

About 15 minutes later, we arrive at her house. She gets out the car and comes to my side to open my door. I nod in appreciation and follow her inside.

"Well this is my place." She turns to look at me. "Holy shit!" she screams making both Tyler and I jump.

"What the hell happened to your eye?!" She asks slowly putting her hand on my face examining it.

"Oh... umm. Why don't we get Tyler to sleep, and then we can talk, yeah?" She nods hesitantly.

"I have an extra room so you can stay in here. And I have a TV with awesome channels!" Tyler jumps up in excitement and runs right into the room.

I feel a tug at my arm and look to see the girl with emerald eyes lead me to the bathroom.

"Do you mind if I clean up your eye a little?" I nod and sit on the counter of the bathroom while she pulls out a first aid kit.

I see her start to pull out Peroxide and I immediately flinch.
"Hey, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." I relax my body and allow her to help.

She patches my eye up rather quick and puts everything away. I remain on the counter looking down at my hands.

"So brown eyes, are you going to tell me what happened to you?" I look at her and nod. She gave me a place to stay, I at least owe her an explanation.

"Um.. yeah, I ran into a pole." Okay, maybe I don't owe her an explanation.

"You ran into a pole?" I nod once more. " Interesting pole." She laughs.

" I understand, you don't want to tell me, and thats okay, maybe with time. But I do want you to stay as long as you need to. There's no need to rush out tomorrow. You can stay here until you get back on your feet."

I look up at her and smile. "Thank you, so much."

She reciprocates the smile.

I hop off the counter and begin to walk out the room. Then I feel a tug on my waist making me screech in pain.

" Oh shit, are you okay?" she looks at me with fear and lifts up my shirt. I try to stop her but it's too late. All of my bruises are now up for display.

"Oh my gosh. This was no pole." I shake my head and start to tear up.

"Hey, shhh, it's okay." She pulls me in for a hug and strokes my hair.

"We don't have to talk about this right now. All I want you to do is get some sleep. We'll handle this tomorrow." She releases me and we connect eyes.

I nod in agreement and turn around to start walking to where Tyler was lying.

"Wait, I didn't get your name?" The girl with Emerald eyes says.

"Camila. Camila Cabello." I say with a smile.

"Sweet Dreams Camila." she grins and begins to turn around.

"Wait, what's your name?" I ask. She turns around with confidence and smiles .

I'm Lauren. Lauren Jauregui.
----------
A/N : ahhhhhh okay. so let me know what you think. I hope its all off to a good start. see you tomorrow

- Tiffany