chapter 10

Camila's POV

My eyes begin to flutter open and I didn't want to wake up. Something was just so comfortable. I cuddled up to the warm feeling next to me.

My eyes shot open when I realized who it was. I saw Tyler sleeping directly on Lauren's stomach, and I was cuddled up to her side. My arm was between Tyler and Lauren's body so there was no way at all that I could get out easily. I slowly tried to move out of the situation by sliding my arm out of the boulders of their bodies. Lauren quickly began to stir so I stopped my actions.

I huffed and decided to stay in the position. I couldn't deny what I was seeing, the site was absolutely astonishing. Tyler had one hand cupped on Lauren's cheek and Lauren had her arms wrapped around Tyler. They look so natural together that I couldn't help but not remove my gaze. What Lauren said last night still had me in shock. In only a few days she has started to develop feelings for me and I couldn't deny that I felt it too ever since we kissed. But I don't want to put her in the situation of getting hurt.

But staring at those lips and her angelic face as she slept definitely made the situation hard.

My thoughts were interrupted as Lauren began to wake. The light from the sun was hitting her face perfectly as her eyes fluttered open.

"Morning." I said with a smile.

"Goodmorning, beautiful."
Lauren said with a smirk.

What the hell was this girl doing. Her charm was undeniable but she didn't have to show it every time she talks to me.

She stared down at my lips and then back up at my eyes.

She better not do what I think. One, I have morning breath. And two, I HAVE MORNING BREATH.

She started to lean in but then we were interrupted by Tyler whimpering.

"Mommy." Tyler's eyes welled up with tears as he grabbed on tighter to Lauren.

"What's wrong baby?" I sat up and immediately took him into my arms.

"My tummy hurts." I felt his head which was burning up and his face was very pale.

I turned to Lauren to see she had just as much concern as I did.

"He must have the flu or something." I stroked his back as he was still crying in my arms.

"I was going to go look for jobs today. But I guess I can wait until later this week."

"No." Lauren quickly announced. "I'll take off work today and you can go look for some jobs."

"Lauren, I couldn't ask-"

"I insist." She interrupted.
----

As I walked downstairs from getting ready, I saw Tyler and Lauren on the couch watching cartoons with a bucket and ginger ale near Tyler just incase he started to throw up.

I haven't seen him this sick in a while. It definitely concerns me but having Lauren here, I know she will take good care of him.

I scurried over to the couch and leaned to kiss Tyler on his still very hot forehead.

"Mommy will be back okay?" Tyler nodded and scooted closer into Lauren's arms.