chapter 9

Camila's POV

Dinner went by rather slow due to Dinah's question rambling on in my head.

Why would she say that? Has Lauren been talking about me to them?
My thought were interrupted when I heard Tyler announce that he was tired.

I nodded and said my goodbyes to Dinah, Normani, and Jordan.

"Bye Jordan!" Tyler waved to his new friend as I scooped him up and carried him up the stairs.

As I walked into the room I gently placed Tyler on the bed.

"Mommy, why does Jordan have two mommies?" Tyler asked while rubbing his tired eyes.

I smiled at him and sat beside him on the bed.

"Well bud, when two people fall in love, it doesn't matter the gender. So it's okay to have two mommies or two daddies."

He nodded and I placed a kiss on his head. As I started to walk out the door I heard his voice once more.

"So I have two mommies?" My eyes widened as I knew he was referring to Lauren.

"No silly, you have one mommy." I looked at him from afar.

"I don't have a daddy though. Daddy bad. Daddy hurt mommy."

I frowned. "He won't hurt me again though, yeah?" I walked over to the bed and held out my pinky. "I promise." Tyler immediately linked on and we both kissed the ends of our hands.

"Goodnight bug."

"Goodnight Mommy."

----

Lauren's POV

I finished cleaning up everything from dinner and closed the windows because I knew a storm coming.

The storms here in New York have been intense lately. I haven't seen grass for the past couple months. cold snow painted the streets.

Tonight was supposed to be a huge blizzard so I prepared all of the candles incase the electricity goes out.

Finally getting to bed, I put on a big shirt but I never sleep with pants on.

I start to slowly crawl into bed. I turned on my bed light to continue reading my favorite book "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." I could honestly read all day if I could. There are no limits to reading. In your head, you can think of absolutely anything and your mind can go anywhere.

Just as I was getting to the end of my chapter, the power suddenly went out. I didn't think it would go out before the storm even started. But i guess the wind really picked up.

I quickly got up and lit all of the candles in my room. Slipping back into bed, I was interrupted by a little voice.

"Lolo?" I turned to see Tyler looking at me in bed. I smiled at him and saw Camila follow behind.

"Umm... We both aren't really great when it comes to power outages." Camila said looking down at her feet.

I couldn't see anything, but I was sure that they both had fear in their eyes.

"Do you guys want to sleep in here with me? There's plenty of room." Without any response, Tyler jumped into my bed and cuddled up to my side.

"I guess we would like to." Camila laughed and crawled into my bed.

Tyler scooted in between both me and Camila and fell asleep almost instantly.

I felt a warm sensation in my body knowing that they were here with me. Something just felt right.

As my eyes began to adjust to the dark room, I could see Camila's eyes glistening towards me.

"Hi" she smiled.

"Hey brown eyes." I moved a strand of hair from her face immediately causing her to flinch.

I frowned. "Who made you like this?" I asked with sympathy in my voice.

"Like what?" She questioned even though I'm almost positive she knew the answer.

"Broken."

I could tell that she was feeling tense and hesitant.

"My boyfriend. I mess up a lot, like sometimes I forget to lock the door or something and he gets mad and--" Her voice started to shake.

She looked up at me in tears which made my heart hurt.

"What does he do Camz?"

"It's my fault, I should just do what I'm told. But after he hit Tyler--"

"What?! He hit Tyler?"

"Shh..."

We both looked at Tyler who didn't even move from all of the commotion.

I took a deep breath.

"No man should lay a hand on a woman nor a child."

She nodded her head.

"You're a masterpiece, you know that? You need to be treasured. From your body to lips." I bit my lower lip while tracing my thumb across her lips.

"You're beautiful."

Even though I could barely see her, I knew she was blushing.

"Ever since I kissed you, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you." I said in a mesmerizing voice.

"Let me show you what it's like to be cherished. I won't hurt you, I won't hurt Tyler. I'll take care of you."

She waited awhile to respond.

" Lauren, you will get hurt. I can't let that happen."

With that, she turned around and laid her head down on the pillow.

Tyler still cuddled up to me, I laid on my back facing the ceiling. I have no idea what she meant by I would get hurt. But at this point I didn't care.

" I'm going to make you fall in love with me."

-----

A/N: I didn't edit... so I'm sorry for mistakes! but alright so this waited a week isn't working for me! I miss it too much so I think I'm just going to surprise you guys with updates throughout the week. They will be around 20 pages each. I hope you guys are liking it! Message me if you have any ideas!

-Tiffany

Instagram : tiffany.cosgrove

Twitter: tiff.cosgrove