chapter 5

Lauren's POV

I notice Camila started to get nervous after I suggest we shower. I widen my eyes.

"Oh no, no. I'm not going to pull anything on you. I just want to be there and check out your bruises, and see if there's anything I can do to help it."

She raises her eyebrow.

" I'm a doctor, I've seen it all before." I laugh.

She looks down at her feet and then back up to my eyes.

"Okay." she mumbles

I lead her into the bathroom and start to run a nice warm bath.

I turn around so she can start getting undressed. I didn't want to stare and I wanted to be respectful.

I hear the water in the tub begin to move so I assume that she was already in.

I turn around to see the small brown eyed girl comfortably in the tub. I put on my black glasses and make my way towards her, that way I can examine her easier.

I let her soak in the tub for about 15 minutes before I ask her to stand up and turn to the side.

I see what was clearly once a beautiful canvas of a body that was made for water colors and beauty get turned into a stepping stone only for black and blue silhouettes.

"It's okay." Camila said. "You can touch them."

I look up to her eyes. "It doesn't hurt?"

"Something as light as your  touch, is nothing compared to the beatings." I see tears begin to appear in her eyes.

" Camila, no I know you don't want to tell me what happened, but I promise you no one will hurt you while you're with me. I won't let it happen." she nods and takes my hand placing on the bruising.

I graze my fingers towards the wound pressing down on various points making sure that there's no broken ribs.

"I don't see any signs of fractures or broken bones. I think that all you need it to rest and let your body heal itself up, okay?" she smiles slightly in agreement.

"C'mon, let get you out the tub and go check on Tyler, yeah?" Camila reaches for her towel and wraps it around her naked body.

Walking out of the bathroom and Camila goes to change into some new clothes.

I walk back down the stairs to see Tyler still watching TV but nearly falling asleep at the scene.

"Hey there little guy." I sit next to him on the couch and he crawls up and lays his head on my lap.

"Lolo?"

"Yeah?"

"Why does Daddy always hurt Mommy?" My eyes widen as I realize that all of the injuries on Camila must have been from Tyler's father. Even worse, Tyler had to witness it.

"Umm.. I'm not so sure bud. I think maybe your Daddy doesn't know how to control his anger and needs to get help." I explain to him.

"Ohhhh. Like how you help me and mommy?" He tries to make out the words.

"Yeah Ty, just like that." I grin at the fact that he knows how I helped him and Camila but frown at the fact that Camila is hurting and so is Tyler.

Tyler begins to yawn and I notice him starting to drift into sleep. I begin stroking his hair to make him more relaxed. Only about 5 minutes later, his breathing got deeper and more consistent so I knew he had fallen asleep. And later so did I.

-----

Camila's POV

I change into a new pair of clothes that were in Lauren's drawer and comb out my hair. I didn't bring any when I left last night so Lauren insisted I borrow some of hers. I greatly appreciate that Lauren is taking care of Tyler and I, but I can't help but feel that we are being a burden on her. The last thing I want to do is over stay my welcome.

I start bracing myself to go downstairs and tell Lauren that Tyler and I have to get going. I wish it wasn't this way, but I can't help but feel like I'm being selfish while staying here.

I walk down the stairs and see the TV playing. I knew Tyler was watching it, so I decided to go get him so we can politely leave.

To my surprise, I see Tyler asleep on the couch. But he has fallen asleep on Lauren's lap. I was surprised when I noticed that they were both in a deep sleep.

It hasn't even been 24 hours, yet Tyler seemed more comfortable with Lauren than he has ever felt with Austin.

I sigh at the beautiful sight and go around the couch. I was just about to wake them up, but I couldn't. Seeing them so peaceful just couldn't be interrupted.

So I decided to squeeze in between Lauren and Tyler. I cuddled up to Lauren because it felt so natural and I felt her hand reach up and comb her fingers through my hair.

I smiled at the contact and wrapped my arm around Tyler.

Something about this just felt right.

I kissed Tyler on top of his head and felt myself, starting to drift off into a deep and peaceful slumber.

------

A/N: I hope you guys are really liking the boom so far. Let me know if you have any suggestions or anything you like. Smut? no Smut? let me know:)

-Tiffany