Finding Shadow

(hmm this title almost seems dejavoo~)

Amy’s P.O.V

I ran outside looking around and found where everyone was huddling together, making sure others were okay. I looked back at the base it had fallen apart due to the Earth quake. Commander Towers ushered me over towards the group I hesitantly walked from the base hoping Shadow would come out. I stood at Tower’s side just waiting, watching the crumbling base and listening to the shrieks of the horrible monster. It made me want to through up, all the suspense, all the worry flying through my head. If I could fast forward time I wouldn’t hesitate to do so. I finally realized that it wasn’t just because I’ve been rescued by an honest, caring man that happened to stick with me in my deepest time of need, but everything just seemed to fit, like the right peace to a puzzle, our chemistry just mixed you can say. It’s even hard to explain it now… I’m so swamped just waiting for him to appear again.

“What do we do?” I asked looking up at Mr. Towers that looked on waiting just like me.

“We wait, and hope that crazy egotistical hedgehog knows what he’s doing… I … I put my most trust and faith into him. He’ll be fine.”

There was a big blast from underground making another earth quake, the base completely caved in on its self. There would be no way the entrance was still open! If Shadow was alright he’d be trapped in the cave underground! I started to panic pulling at my dress again.

“Hey look!” Sonic’s voice rang through the silence that had fallen over everyone after the blast. We all turned our heads to him to see him pointing at the thicket we had come from before entering the desert had receded; the vines almost seemed to melt away while some crawled back into the ground before completely disappearing.

“He did it.” Rouge said softly and flapped up in the sky to get a further view. “The Jungle is disappearing!”

The troops and Commander rejoiced and cheered hugging each other and jumping around. But he hadn’t come out, maybe after the blast he’d been knocked unconscious…

“Where’s Shadow!?” I cried to everyone seeming oblivious to the fact he wasn’t back. “The base caved in, if he’s still awake he would have chaos controlled out by now don’t you think!?”

“She’s right; he must have lost a lot of energy after omitting a chaos blast. We need to dig him out.” Espio agreed.

“He better be awake when we find him, the rest of my Emerald is on that stupid ARK!” Knuckles called already at the crumbled building and raised a fist quickly digging through it.

It’s a good thing Shadow didn’t hear that, he thinks very highly of his home. It was after all the only solid thing from his past he still had. We all started digging, Sonic tunneled further with his spin dash and I with my hammer went tunneling through the debris.

The sun had started to set when my hammer finally broke through a hole. Quickly tossing it aside I dropped to my knees and began to throw the rocks behind me like a dog digging for its bone. It had to be the opening to the cave; the smell had been coated with a nasty unexplainable smell, a mixture of burning fertilizer and cut grass. It must be from the monster, whose thick gooey blood covered some of the rocks I was tossing aside.

“Shadow!?” I called in the deep hole hearing my echo answer me back but couldn’t hear anything else. I felt a small hand on my back and looked up to see Cream trying to peek in the hole with me.

“Do you think he’s okay Amy??” She asked.

“Help me down there.” I said quickly.

“B-but, it’s stinky and dark in there.” She said shaking her head quickly; I knew she was still afraid of a possible sighting of the monster again.