Morning

ShadAmy Life's a Jungle

Chapter 4 Morning

--------------------------------

In the morning I woke to chirps and a lightly lit sky. I brought my head up yawning and felt extra weight on me, keeping me from getting up. A bit surprised by this extra weight I looked down to find that Amy had made me her pillow. Her head rest on my lower chest and my hand lay on her back. She breathed lightly her dress like a blanket. I watched her for a moment, flawless, soft, and innocent. I found myself smiling as I watched. I don't know why, but I felt I could watch her from the time her eyes opened. I hated to be rude, but we had work to do I had to wake her. I sat up straight holding her from falling as her head slowly came off my chest. She jerked awake while screaming.

"Whoa whoa, Amy it's okay!" I gripped her tightly and held her steady.

"Shadow?" She gasped.

"Yes?" I answered still holding her.

"Oh, I thought you were nothing more but a dream!" She said relieved and grabbed me in a hug. A firm hug, a hug as if she was trying to grasp my reality of being. She gave a good squeeze enough to shorten my breath.

"Ah, no Amy I'm really here." I sputtered as I felt her face nuzzle into my chest. "Eh…" I lightly tried to pull away.

"Sorry." She let me go.

"I-It's fine." I said, "Sorry to wake you, but we have to get a move on."

"Move?" She tilted her head, "Oh! Right. Shadow I'm sure there's no one here." She said.

"Well, I won't believe it till I search myself." I said with a grunt. She bowed her head at my tone.

"Look, you can either come with me, or stay here. And I'd prefer you to come along I'm guessing you know your way around here better than I do." I said making my way down the tree jumping down from one branch to another.

"No I'm not staying here! I'm coming with you!!" She yelled dangling off the branch feeling for the other branch with her bare feet. Her little toes wiggled to try to hold onto something.

"Drop!" I called from the ground watching her trying not to laugh.

"What!?" She asked looking down from the branch she'd finally crawled down to.

"Drop yourself from the tree, you look like a stranded cat!" I finally chuckled watching as she eased herself down to another branch.

"No! Are you crazy!?" She said only one branch down from where she started.

"No, just jump I'll catch you!" I said holding out my arms.

"W-what!?" She asked dangling down on the branch.

"Yes! Come on, we're burning daylight!" I called up to her.

A loud squeal made birds scatter out of their homes as Amy dropped into my arms.

"Wow, nice jump." I complimented sarcastically with a smirk.

"N-no… I slipped." She said with a deep blush looking me in the eyes her arms wrapped around my neck and a smile came over her lips. I placed her back on her feet now looking around a bit clueless on which direction to start in.

"Should we eat?" Amy asked fixing a strap to the dress.

"You should… I'm not really hungry." I said.

"Eat anyway." She giggled skipping off disappearing in bushes. I couldn't tell if she wanted me to follow or stay put, so I followed her anyway finding her gathering fruit and throwing things up in the tree to knock down the fruit too high to reach, since she wasn't very good with trees I suppose.

"Have you eaten anything besides fruit?" I asked wondering if I was restricted to a strict fruit only diet.

"Well, fruit and what little vegetables I can find." She said catching an orange. Then she laughed, "Why? Would you rather a McDonalds breakfast?"

"Heh, I'd love one." I said as she handed me an orange slice that she quickly peeled.

"Well… to bad." She shrugged smiling before she ate an orange herself.

"Yeah…" We ate in silence. I could only imagine how long it would take me to get used to such a diet. For as the rest of the day went on, I was the only one who had to slow us down to relieve myself.