Sleepless night and rough morning

I really wasn’t tired; I lied in the bed looking up at the darkness. While my mind filed through its thoughts. I started to wonder what was on those tapes that Tails was so interested in. If he finished his work alright. And why was there this feeling, of indescribable passion for Amy suddenly here?

Trying to make sense of the reason, just well… didn’t make any sense! How could I have gone years without any interest or slightest yearn for a loving companion, and suddenly want her so badly? What was it about her? Sure, she’s grown into a woman and filled out in all the right places. But Rouge had been like that since the day I’ve bet her. Surly that couldn’t be the reason… right? Then again, I don’t recall saving Rouge while she was completely naked. And if it was just because she was naked, then I am very disappointed in myself. Why not fall in love with any other girl who should happen to take their clothes off in front of me!?

Wait… I-I didn’t just say I fell in love with her did I? And it’s longer the fact the Sonic has pushed her and ran away from her countless of times and been a real prick, but jealousy (I’m hating every word right now!). Jealous that he grabs her attention more than me when I want her…

  I sighed turning over and gripped the pillow hugging it closer as my head began to swirl with thoughts and all these emotions that I hadn’t dealt with before. This isn’t supposed to happen… I’m not supposed to be like this.

“Shadow? Hey buddy, get up! Are you dead or something?” Sonic’s voice woke me. Although I never remembered falling asleep. As if I just closed my eyes and suddenly it was time to wake. I groaned shaking my head lightly and curled up more around the pillow.

“Well if you don’t want breakfast that’s fine, I’ll eat it for you! But just be up in time for the search.” He said, my eyes still closed but I could see him shrug uncaringly. I sat up finally catching him halfway to the door, and threw the pillow at his head. I was grumpy in the mornings, and I most certainly do not like waking up to Blue Hedgehogs.

“Oof, hey!” He quickly turned around and grabbed the pillow up running back over and whacked me back with it. “Get up!” He growled with a smirk.

How dare he hit back! I wasn’t letting him get away with the last hit. Snatching the pillow away and took a power swing hitting him on the side of his head and made him stumble as he grunted again. I got up quickly, only to find my shoes were missing…

“Oh looking for these?” Sonic held them up as he stood back to his feet with a sly grin.

“Give em back…” I held out my hand.

“If the pillow assassin wants his shoes, he’s gonna have to catch them!” He stuck out his tongue and darted out of the room swinging a left down the hall. Ugh, stupid, why didn’t I just let him walk out in the first place? I ran after him only a few paces behind as we rounded several more corners his shoes making rapid tapping noises on the ground triggered a memory trying to force it’s way past the wall of forgotten.

Holding her hand, running, frantic and panicked our shoes had made the same noise as we ran away from the others right behind us. Make it stop… go away!

Blinded with the memory I wasn’t paying attention as we entered the dining area and Sonic had skid to a stop, and I ran right over him. Tripping over each other and he landed face first and squished underneath me.

“Hey kids play nice!” Knuckles called over to us as we had caught everyone’s attention with our entrance. Amy had run to our side and was picking me up off of Sonic.

“What’s going on? Are you okay?” She asked once I was up still a bit fuzzy in reality. Sonic whined picking himself up and sat on the floor.

“Are you blind? Did you just learn how to run yesterday? You know how to put on your breaks?” He growled shoving my shoes at my chest.

“Sonic, are you okay?” She bent down to him.

“Yeah yeah, I’m fine.” He got to his feet and dusting himself off and glared down at me quickly before walking away to a table. Amy grumbled something before turning back to me and looked curiously into my eyes.

“Shadow?” her hand reached out and touched the side of my face softly. The flash back left me with a head ache and sour stomach.

“You feel a bit warm.” She said softly.

Finally I pulled myself out the daze and shook away the throbbing pain and pushed her hand away.

“I’m fine. Just got out of bed is all… I don’t get sick.” I turned away sitting on a near table slipping my shoes on.

She followed with a frown and her hands on her hips. “Well did you sleep well?”

“Fantastic.” I lied plainly. Sliding off the table and pushed past her. I joined the Chaotix at their table. It was all full with everyone sitting there, that way she wouldn’t have the chance to sit next to me and ask any more questions.

“Gonna eat Shadz?” Knuckles asked leaning over the table crossing his arms.

I shook my head, my stomach hadn’t settled down yet and if I ate something it would so cruelly be thrown up.  “No thanks. I’m not hungry.”

“Hey everybody!” Tails came from the kitchen, “Are we all finished so we can get a move on?”

“I’m ready!” Cream jumped from the table, Charmy flying after loudly agreeing.

“Ready as I’ll ever be!” Sonic threw a thumb up.

“Yeah let’s get it on! Hooha!” Knuckles yelled throwing his fist in the air and everyone bean to get up ready to start the day. I bowed my head letting it thump on the table with a sigh. I was not at all ready to do anything, or be with any one at all for the whole day. It was one of those ‘I’m going to crawl under a rock and be dead to the world’ kinds of days.

“Hey hon, let’s go.” Rouge’s voice came to my ear and I felt her hand on my back. “I know you don’t feel well, but we need you to get us down there.”

Oh right, I had to go with them… forgot. I shut my eyes squeezing them tightly and ranted to myself for a moment and forced myself to sit up and hit a fist on the table.

“Let’s get this over with already!” I growled getting up and snatched out my chaos emerald.