Finding the Faker

ShadAmy Life's a Jungle

Chapter 8: Finding the Faker

--------------------------------------------

We arrived in a clearing of the thick trees all around. The grass and under growth was high, up to our knees.

"Sonic!?" Amy called right away. Knuckles' call came right after hers. I didn't bother, instead I walked off on my own. They'll find Sonic, I will hopefully, not be there for the whole time. But I was rather greatly disappointed.

While ducking under a big leaf I heard a sound, like a pitter patter on the ground, and as it came closer there was also a high pitched scream due to the speed. I looked around, the sound almost seemed to be coming from everywhere, and it drew closer and closer until for the second he was a few feet away, running right towards me!

"Whoa!!" I let out a yell, as there weren't even milliseconds to move.

"AAHH!!!" Sonic yelled shifting to his heals that dug up the ground as he came skidding to a halt, but not stopping fast enough, both our eyes closed waiting for the impact. It never came… Our eyes both wobbled up looking at each other wondering what had happened; we were chest to chest, and our eyes met as we gave out sighs of relief.

"SHADOW!! It's you!!! You're here!!!" He screamed holding open his arms as if he was expecting me to let him grab me in a big bear hug.

I took a step back brushing off the feel of him on my fur and grumbled, "Unfortunately, yes."

"Where have you—" he was cut off and both our ears twitched to the sound of his name being called.

"Amy, Knuckles!?!" He looked over my shoulder.

"We're looking for Tails, not you." I growled crossing my arms.

"Well, sure sounds like they're calling MY name to me." He snickered pointing his thumb to his chest.

"Hmph. Let's not keep them waiting." I said rolling my eyes. We took off back to the group together, meeting them in the clearing.

"Knuckles!!!!" Sonic tackle hugged the Echidna.

"Gah!! Don't do that!! I've been way too strung out over the edge the last thing I need is a freakish blue hedgehog jumping on me!!!" Knuckles ranted squirming in Sonic's tight hug.

"Sonic!!" Amy cheered throwing her arms up to hug him. I leaned against a tree watching them.

"Oh, hey Amy." He said waiting to be released from her hug. I called him so many names underneath my breath, I'm sure some of the words didn't really exist. Some 'hero' he doesn't even take the time to consider what she went through! He had Tails, Amy had no body. Knuckles had no one either; both were on the edge of insanity before I had found them! Amy ready to jump off a cliff and Knuckles reverting back to a wild cave man… My mind replayed the heart attack I almost had when I saw Amy lean over the edge falling to the ocean and rocks below.

And Sonic had the nerve to not even show the slightest of at least fake delight about seeing her again.

I was too busy silently ranting to myself; I hadn't noticed that Tails joined the group. He gown slightly taller, his two tails were surly bigger, but was like the rest of them in need of some personal grooming.

"Shadow? ...uh Shadow!?" Tails waved his hand in front of me.

"What!?" I barked being broken out of my thoughts and still angered holding out on speaking my mind to the blue faker.

"S-sorry…" his ears went back and he stumbled a few steps away as he flinched.

"Oh… sorry. I was thinking… didn't mean to." I apologized quickly.

"It's okay." He brought a smile across his matted and dull white muzzle, "It's good to see you again. Can I borrow your Chaos Emerald?"

I placed the glowing emerald in his dirty gloved hands as he nodded a thank you and ran back into the group.

"Okay Knuckles, it would work but… I don't have the technology to craft so much as a type writer."

"I might have some things you could use, at the ARK." I thought out loud. I regretted the moment I said the words.

"Sounds great! LETS GO!" Sonic cheered loudly jumping in the air.

"Wh-what!? N-No!" I yelled planting my forehead in my palm.

"Why not?" Knuckles asked tilting his head, his eyes like a child let down on Christmas. It killed me, I couldn't stand seeing everyone disappointed like that, as Amy and Tails' face came to match.

"W-well, I mean… N-not all of you…" my ears flattened on my head. I just didn't like others in my ARK, it felt… invasive. But now I had their big bubble eyes all pleading to go. I groaned, but they won. So all aboard the ARK we were…