Up with Amy

ShadAmy Life's a Jungle

Chapter 10: Up with Amy

-----------------------------------

It was great to have a bed, I’m sure the others were more thankful than I being as how they’ve been without for longer than I have. No matter, it still was great to not keep your balance during your sleep to not fall off the tree, and a pillow instead of rough bark or a hard ground. Despite the comfort I still couldn’t sleep. Just the knowledge of others sleeping in my place made me antsy. Maybe Tails hadn’t gotten to sleep and he stayed racking his brains trying to model the new Master Emerald finder. Or Sonic was awake because he slept longer than all of us, that nosey hedgehog would be poking his nose in every door that was unlocked, it was none of his business to know his way around my house! Or Knuckles could be peeping in on rooms, looking for ‘treasure’!

Okay, so maybe I’m over reacting and I know most likely none of those things (with the exception of Tails and Sonic being awake) wouldn’t be true. But I am very protective of the items that reside in the space colony. Even the things that hadn’t belonged to Maria and the Professor. I haven’t gotten rid of anything that was lucky enough to survive the incident. Weather it brought back good memories or bad, it was still memories and sometimes I’d find new ones with in every room I still look in to this very day. You could call me a bit of a pack rat.

I was now roaming the halls outside of my room, aside from wanting to make sure no one was tampering with anything they was supposed to I needed to find a sleeping aid. I’d have to chill out on those, wouldn’t want to run out before the jungle take over was taken care of.

Surprisingly Tails had actually managed to finish his work without making any more gadgets than needed and fell asleep, in the same room where Sonic had still been amazingly deep asleep. And Knuckles hugged the pillow tightly mumbling in his sleep. I knew I had nothing to worry about in the first place.

Since I checked on the others, I might as well check on Amy (no I didn’t forget about her) it was only fair, right? Opening the door and looking in through the dark, only the hallway light filtered in, and gave me the view of an empty bed.

Shocked I flipped on the light and looked around the room. She wasn’t in the room at all. Maybe she had gone to use the bathroom, and lost her way back to her room… So I made my way to the bathrooms. After checking all of them and hadn’t found a trace of her I got that feeling when your stomach drops. Heat flooded through my body and my eyes darted from space to space. What happened to her!? She had to still be here, unless something got passed the security and managed to kidnap her! And is still lurking, waiting to attack and get the others.

Just to make sure, I quickly ordered ARK to give me a report on the security. According to her, (ARK is a she; you don’t expect guys to be as smart) everything was fine. Next I ordered to give me a map projection with heat censoring. I located myself, knuckles’, Sonic’s and Tails’ room, and then the only other little heated dot had to be Amy; inside the Professor’s room. What in the world was she doing there??

I made my way through the halls and founding his room, the door slightly still open. My hand reached for the door knob but I hesitated for a moment. Very few times I had actually went in the room, after they had him sent to earth they confiscated almost everything in the room, it had been nothing but empty boxes and hollow drawers. Filing cabinets were bare and shelves were left naked. Even to me, it almost felt like rape… in a total different way.

The soft light inside the room blinked a few times and my ears twitched to shifting inside. Still caught up in images and replaying things of my past my mind slightly believed that if I walked in I’d see him in there, and he’d narrow his eyes and tell me to knock first. And with the thought of it, I found myself slightly knocking on the door. There was more shifting and then little feet scurrying across the floor until nervous and curious light emerald eyes peeked out from behind the door.