;02

┌─────────────────────────────┐ 02; ── DEBT REPAID

02; ── DEBT REPAID.

PART ONE

└─────────────────────────────┘

"This is bad, very bad!"

Koenma sat at his desk, hands entwined as he rested his head upon them; eyes glaring thoughtfully with anger at his desk. His team, which consisted of Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama and Hiei,  stood before him not too sure at what he meant or what was really going on.

"I don't get it, what's the big deal about not having this guy on our team?" A confused Kuwabara asked the young leader, he looked at the other members for an answer once noticing the toddler would not give him one. Hiei simply kissed his teeth with his signature tsst- before moving to the window on the far left of the room.

Hiei didn't like the spirit world, nor was he very fond of the people who filled the room with him. He just wanted to get to the tournament and kill something. Whatever drama that was concerning this unknown member only annoyed him further.

"Yeah, I mean it's not like we don't have enough members already." Yusuke added with a nod in agreement with Kuwabara. Genkai had already agreed to becoming a part of Team Uremeshi and so when Koenma summoned them with an outburst about this so called red headed demon not to be confused as Kurama- being insubordinate; confusion clouded his mind.

"I'm sorry Koenma. I thought that maybe if I could just-" Kurama paused for a moment as his mind thought back to his meeting with Cereza a few days prior. "I guess I was wrong."

"I put that life behind me, Kurama. I wont turn back into the mindless weapon that I was. I won't do that to Kouhei."

Kuramas' apology fell on deaf ears as Koenma jumped up on his desk abruptly, his face turning red from frustration. If the situation wasn't so dire, Kurama would probably struggle to hide a laugh at the resemblance the small leader had with many human children throwing tantrums.

"How dare she say no to- to- to this? That ungrateful, useless litt-" Koenma began his stuttered outburst with flailing arms but was soon cut off when an energetic blue haired woman came tumbling through the doors with no regards of who else was present.

"Koenma sir~!" She sang happily with a smile, clearly unaware of the tension in the room. "We have a special visitor."

"Not now Boton! Can't you see I'm in the middle of something here?" Startled and somewhat shocked at Koenmas' response, Boton tried again. "But sir, you said-"